As China’s economic development now has entered the new normal, downward pressure on economy builds up and growth in fixed-asset investment slows, leading to a decline in the demand for construction heavy trucks whose sales came to 536,100 units in 2015, down 25.9% from a year earlier. A recovery of property sector in China from the beginning of 2016 drove up the demand for heavy trucks. 338,000 heavy trucks were sold in the first half of 2016, up 14% from a year ago. Full-year sales are expected to reach 618,000, a year-on-year rise of 12.2%.
Chinese heavy truck market is highly concentrated with the top3 companies holding a combined market share of over 50%, top5 enterprises more than 80%, and top10 players around 97%. FAW Jiefang, China National Heavy Duty Truck Group (Sinotruk), and Dongfeng Motor are three leading companies in the Chinese heavy truck market with each having a more than 15% market share. FAW Jiefang has long been a champion in the semi-trailer tractor market, while Sinotruk and Dongfeng Motor hold the lion’s share of complete and incomplete heavy truck markets.
Due to mixed factors of infrastructure investment increase, energy conservation & emission reduction, logistics transportation business growth and rising downside risks to the economy, China’s heavy truck industry will expand slightly during 2017-2020.
Heavy trucks will become larger and more intelligent in China: 13L large displacement and 500HP-above high-end tractors became available on the market in 2015 and will be the leading products over the next five years, such as X3000 golden version of Shaanxi Automobile, J6 series of FAW Jiefang, and flagship Tianlong of Dongfeng Motor. On the other hand, mainstream heavy truck manufacturers have come up with the concepts of “Internet+” and intelligent driving, put them into practice, delivering good social and economic benefits, like Sinotruk’s “Smart Heavy Truck” APP, FAW Jiefang’s “JiefangGuanjia” APP, and Mercedes-Benz’ first application of self-driving in heavy truck. As market competition intensifies, heavy truck manufacturers will increase their input to differentiated products.
The report focuses on the following aspects:
- Overview of heavy truck industry in China (definition & classification, development trends, technology, industrial standards, etc.)
- Chinese heavy truck market size (ownership, output & sales, import & export, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Market segments including complete/incomplete heavy truck and semi-trailer tractor (market size, competitive landscape, development trends, etc.)
- Related industrial chains (industrial chains, upstream raw materials, downstream investment & property development, etc.)
- FAW Jiefang, Dongfeng Motor,Sinotruk, Foton Motor, Shaanxi Automobile, JAC, Hualing Automobile, Qingling Motors, Dayun Automobile, BEIBEN Trucks, SAIC-IVECO Hongyan, Tri-Ring Special Vehicle, Xugong Automobile, GAC Hino Motors, Feidie Automobile (profile, business performance, revenue structure, heavy truck business, development strategy, etc.)
Major Points from Table of Contents
1 Overview of Heavy Truck Industry
2 Overall Heavy Truck Market
3 Heavy Truck Market Segments
4 Heavy Truck Industry Chain
5 Key Companies
6 Summary and Forecast
China Market Research Reports is a database of selected syndicated market reports for global and China industries including but not limited to life sciences, information technology & telecommunications, consumer goods, food and beverages, energy and power, automotive and transportation, manufacturing and construction, materials and chemicals, public sector as well as business and financial services.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers.
+ 1 888 391 5441