"The Baby Food Market in Finland 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finnish market.
Living standards in Finland are high and thus the vast majority of the population is able to buy commercially prepared baby food. The number of births has declined significantly since 2010, causing a negative effect on sales of baby food. Consumption of baby food declined by 12.3% between 2010 and 2016, but market value was 14% higher in current terms in 2016 than in 2010; at constant 2010 prices, the increase dropped to 3%. Fluctuations in the number of births are expected by 2022, these should be small, and no expansion in baby numbers is foreseen. As such, given the high levels of consumption of meals and cereals, all sectors of the baby food market are forecast to remain virtually static, leading to a market in 2022 of almost the same size in volume terms as in 2016. In terms of value sales, growth at current prices is estimated at 14.7% between 2016 and 2022, although at constant prices the increase is likely to be only 3%.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- The number of births has declined significantly since 2010, causing a negative effect on sales of baby food: by 2016 sales stood at tons - 12.3% down on the 2010 level. In terms of value, sales of meals and other baby food have risen more strongly than other sectors since 2010.
- Meals & others constitute by far the largest part of the market, both in value terms (60.6%) and in volume (78.6%). Cereals account for slightly more than milks in terms of value, at 20.3% in 2016. Milks make up the remaining 19.1% of value sales; their share has fallen slightly since 2010.
- Finland has a number of factories involved in producing baby food despite the small size of the market. Importsincreased up to 2013, but have fallen back since, to tons in 2015 (million). Exports have fluctuated from year to year, but remain low at tons.
- Although Nestl and Danone continue to dominate the market, with 72.5% of value sales in 2016, they have lost share in recent years, a trend attributed to the entry of new players such as Ellas Kitchen, Hipp, and Arla, the re-entry of Valio, and most recently, Pirkka, the K-Groups own label brand.
- The grocery sector accounts for almost all baby food sales. Within the grocery sector, sales of baby food have followed trends common to all grocery markets, in those hypermarkets, larger supermarkets, and discount stores have become increasingly dominant.
- The high levels of consumption of meals and cereals, all sectors of the baby food market are forecast to remain virtually static, leading to a market in 2022 of almost the same size in volume terms as in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207