Hollister Creative, a Philadelphia area creative services firm, is a winner in the 2010 American Graphic Design Awards competition. Hollister received the Award Certificate of Excellence for the “Volunteer Action” email newsletter designed for Greater Philadelphia Cares. The newsletter is emailed weekly to more than 15,000 volunteers recruited by the non-profit agency to take part in a wide variety of community service projects.
The competition received more than 8,000 entries this year. Of these, only 15% are recognized with an Awards Certificate of Excellence. “Volunteer Action" was a winner in the “Newsletters and eNewsletters” category.
The three-decade-old competition is presented by Graphic Design USA and open to advertising agencies, graphic design firms, and in-house creative departments at corporations and institutions. It honors outstanding new work in print and collateral, advertising and sales promotion, packaging and point-of-purchase, Internet and interactive design, broadcast and motion graphics, corporate identity and logos.
These other Hollister projects have won American Graphic Design Awards in recent years:
• a marketing kit created for Global Health Partnerships, an initiative of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
• a Resume Book marketing senior MBA students to potential employers, created for the Wharton School MBA Program in Health Care Management
• the Global Spiral newsletter, created for The Metanexus Institute
• the educational newspaper supplement “Hispanic Art + Design” created for the Ford Motor Company Fund and the Detroit News and Free Press
• a marketing folder created for Imtek Direct Marketing.
About Greater Philadelphia Cares
Greater Philadelphia Cares is a non-profit agency that motivates people to volunteer their time, talents and resources in the Greater Philadelphia region. Volunteers may choose to serve once a week, once a month, or from time to time to tutor children, feed the hungry, assist people living with disabilities, revitalize gardens, help bridge the digital divide, visit the elderly, and participate in many other hands-on activities.
About Hollister Creative
Hollister Creative is a consistent national award winner for design and writing of print and Web projects that serve marketing and communications goals. Clients include corporations, nonprofits, foundations, associations, cultural institutions, schools and social service organizations, primarily in the Philadelphia area. To learn more, visit www.hollistercreative.com.