This report elaborates India's power market structure and provides historical and forecast numbers for generation, capacity and consumption up to 2030. Detailed analysis of the India power markets regulatory structure, import and export trends, competitive landscape, and power projects at various stages of the supply chain is provided. The report also gives a snapshot of the power sector in India on broad parameters of macroeconomics, supply security, generation infrastructure, transmission infrastructure, degree of competition, regulatory scenario, and future potential. Financial performance of the leading power companies is also analyzed in the report.
- Snapshot of the countrys power sector across parameters - macro economics, supply security, generation infrastructure, transmission infrastructure, degree of competition, regulatory scenario and future potential of the power sector.
- Statistics for installed capacity, power generation and consumption from 2000 to 2015, forecast for the next 15 years to 2030.
- Break-up by technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable and nuclear
- Data on leading current and upcoming projects.
- Information on grid interconnectivity, transmission and distribution infrastructure and power exports and imports.
- Policy and regulatory framework governing the market.
- Detailed analysis of top market participant, including market share analysis and SWOT analysis.
Reasons to buy
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the countrys power sector
- Identification of key factors driving investment opportunities in the countrys power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industrys growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development avenues
- Identify key strengths and weaknesses of important market participants
- Respond to your competitors business structure, strategy and prospects.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 10
2 Introduction 11
2.1 GlobalData Report Guidance 12
3 India Power Market, Snapshot 13
3.1 Macro-economic Factors 13
3.2 Supply Security 15
3.3 Opportunities 16
3.4 Challenges 17
4 India, Power Market, Market Analysis 18
4.1 India, Power Market, Market Structure 18
4.2 India, Power Market, Key Market Players 19
4.3 India, Power Market, Financial Deals 20
4.3.1 Deal Value and Volume Analysis, 2004-May 2016 20
4.3.2 Deals by Type, 2015 21
4.4 India, Power Market, Demand Structure 22
4.4.1 Power Consumption by Sector, 2015 24
5 India, Power Market, Regulatory Scenario 25
5.1 India, Power Market, Key Policies 25
5.1.1 Electricity Act, 2003 25
5.2 National Electricity Policy, 2005 26
5.2.1 12th and 13th Five-Year Plan Targets 26
5.2.2 National Tariff Policy, 2016 26
5.2.3 Integrated Energy Policy 28
5.2.4 Rural Electrification Program 29
5.2.5 Coal Linkage Policy for 12th Five-Year Plan 29
5.3 India, Power Sector, Renewable Power Policy 30
5.3.1 Renewable Energy Certificates 30
5.3.2 National Action Plan on Climate Change 31
5.3.3 Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission 32
5.3.4 Net-metering 33
5.3.5 Uttar Pradesh Solar PV Feed-in Tariff 34
5.3.6 Generation-Based Incentive (GBI) for Grid Connected Wind Power Projects 34
5.3.7 Regulatory Incentives and State Government Policies 34
5.3.8 Central Financial Assistance for Biomass Power Projects 36
5.3.9 Regulatory Incentives for Bioenergy 37
5.3.10 Financial Support to Private Sector, Joint Sector and Co-operative Society for Small Hydropower 38
5.3.11 Financial Support to State Government, Central Government and Public Sector Units for Small Hydropower 38
5.3.12 Support for Various Renewable Power Sources as per the New Tariff Policy of 2016 39
6 India Power Market, Capacity and Generation Overview 40
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.