During the forecast period from 2012-2022, the growth of the UC market will be driven largely by the entry of Johnson & Johnsons (J&Js) Simponi and Takedas Entyvio, which will lead to an increase in the overall number of patients being treated with biologics in the US, 5EU, Japan, and Canada. Another key event affecting the UC market is the anticipated launch of biosimilars, given that the patent expiry of the UC blockbusters, Remicade and Humira are set to expire in the US in 2018 and 2016, respectively.
It is worth noting that in India, the local drug companies produce their own biosimilars, without many regulatory guidelines or any regard for the patent protection of the marketed products. For the treatment of UC, Indian physicians rely heavily on non-pharmacological methods, such as dietary recommendations, and for pharmacologic therapy, they use generic products within the corticosteroids and 5-ASA classes. GlobalDatas physician survey showed that these drugs are the mainstay of treatment for mild to moderate UC in India, as well as at earlier lines of therapy for severe disease.
- Overview of Ulcerative Colitis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in India including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in India from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the India Ulcerative Colitis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Ulcerative Colitis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in Ulcerative Colitis.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Catalyst 10
2.2 Related Reports 10
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 12
3 Disease Overview 13
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 13
3.1.1 Etiology 13
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 15
3.2 Symptoms 17
3.2.1 Quality of Life 17
4 Disease Management 19
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 19
4.1.1 Diagnosis 19
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 23
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 24
4.2 India 28
5 Competitive Assessment 30
5.1 Overview 30
5.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 31
5.3 Product Profiles - Major Brands 32
5.3.1 Remicade (infliximab) 32
5.3.2 Apriso (mesalamine) 39
5.3.3 Asacol HD (mesalamine) 43
5.3.4 Pentasa (mesalamine) 47
5.3.5 Other Drug Classes Used in the Treatment of UC 50
5.4 Biosimilars 51
5.4.1 Introduction 51
5.4.2 Hospiras Inflectra Versus J&Js Remicade in Key Autoimmune Diseases 52
5.4.3 Biosimilars in the Immunology Community 52
5.4.4 By the Numbers: Biosimilars in Development 53
5.4.5 The Impact of Biosimilars Will be Felt Throughout the Pharmaceutical Industry 56
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.