As the executive component in control system, servo motor constitutes one of the three core parts of industrial robot.
Starting in 2013, China became the world's largest industrial robot market, with the sales volume for 2014 surging by 55% to 57,000 units. Propelled by industrial upgrading and the demand for machines replacing human labor, China’s industrial robot market will continue to grow rapidly, with the sales volume estimated to reach 182,000 units by 2019.
The rapid growth of industrial robots has to a certain extent stimulated the development of servo motor market. If we calculate that 90% of industrial robots use servo motors and each industrial robot is equipped with the average number of servo motors, the added demand for industrial robot servo motors in China came to 231,000 units in 2014. And this figure is expected to rise to 737,000 units by 2019.
At present, 85% of China's industrial robot servo motor market is dominated by foreign brands, the mainstream suppliers including Japan’s Panasonic, Yaskawa, and Mitsubishi and Europe and America’s Lenze and Bosch Rexroth. Among them, Japanese brands account for the highest market share, at around 50.0% in 2015. However, the Chinese enterprises, mostly still at the development and testing stage, virtually have no industrialized industrial robot servo motors.
To reverse the situation, a small number of Chinese companies including Estun Automation and Inovance have in recent years continued to break the technical bottleneck and to strengthen product R&D and the construction of industrialization projects.
Inovance: In 2010, the company began to develop industrial robot servo products. As of the end of 2015, the company had developed IS620N series EtherCAT bus-based servo drive and servo motor with absolute encoder, etc.
Estun Automation: Up till now, the company has launched EMJ AC servo motor for industrial robots, and at the same time, it will plan to construct robot-dedicated servo system project, which is to put production in 2017.
HNC: In 2012, through acquiring Wuhan Huada New Type Motor Co. and Golden-Age Motor Technology, HNC began to produce AC servo motor products. In May 2015, the company set up Foshan Golden Age Motor Technology Co. to make layout of industrial robot servo motor-related products
The report mainly focuses on the followings:
- Market size, regional structure, product mix, and competitive landscape of global and China industrial robots.
- Global demand for industrial robot servo motor and competitive landscape, etc.
- Market size, demand, product mix, and competitive landscape of China industrial robot servo system and servo motor.
- Operation, industrial robot servo motor business, and development in China of 7 global industrial robot servo motor companies.
- Operation and development strategies of 10 major Chinese industrial robot servo motor companies.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Industrial Robot Servo Motor
2. Status Quo of Global and China Industrial Robot Industry
3. Status Quo of Global Industrial Robot Servo Motor
4. Status Quo of China Industrial Robot Servo Motor
5. Major Global Industrial Robot Servo Motor Manufacturers
6. Major Industrial Robot Servo Motor Manufacturers in China
7. Conclusion and Prediction