Ophthalmology disorders are associated with the eyes and visual system. If left untreated, serious long-term co-morbidities such as diabetes, and particularly blindness, can arise. Although there are a number of treatments approved in ophthalmology, there are currently no curative therapies for any of these indications. In particular, there are strong unmet needs within age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma, which can lead to blindness if not adequately treated.
Although there is a high degree of failure and uncertainty within the R&D of pharmaceuticals, there is a great deal of interest in ophthalmology development. Overall, there are over 700 products in active development in the ophthalmology therapy area, making it one of the largest therapy area pipelines.
Although two thirds of products in development for ophthalmology disorders are at the Discovery or Preclinical stage of development, the number of drugs in the pipeline is very high, creating strong potential for a blockbuster drug to enter the market.
The report provides comprehensive information on the pipeline development landscape for glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular edema and keratoconjunctivitis sicca (dry eye), from Discovery through to the Pre-Registration stage. This includes an analysis of products by stage of development, molecular target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. A list of all products in development is provided, including dormant and discontinued projects. Finally, the report provides an overview of key players involved in the development of products in this area, and outlines recent updates and press releases in the field.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for ophthalmology?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have occurred in ophthalmology?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication.
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each.
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these.
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration.
Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
1.1. List of Tables
1.2. List of Figures
2.1. Ophthalmology Therapeutics Report Coverage
3. Therapeutics Development by Stage
3.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
3.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
3.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
3.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
4. Therapeutics under Development by Companies
4.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
4.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
4.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
4.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
5. Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
5.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
5.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
5.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
5.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
6. Pipeline Products Glance
6.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
6.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
6.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
6.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
7. Products under Development by Companies
7.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
7.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
7.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
7.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
8. Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
8.1. Age Related Macular Degeneration
8.2. Diabetic Retinopathy
8.3. Diabetic Macular Edema
8.4. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Dry Eye)
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.