The Global Interventional Neurology Market is projected to reach USD 2,684.6 million by 2024, according to a new report by published by Coherent Market Insights. Recommendations from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association to use neurointerventional devices in stroke is a major factor boosting market growth.
Increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures is one of the prime factors driving adoption of neurointerventional devices worldwide. The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recommends use of neurointerventional devices in treating stroke, due to which there has been an augmented demand for these devices in the recent past. In order to capitalize on this highly lucrative growth opportunity, a range of new products such as Solitaire stent retriever, EmboTrap stent retriever, and Penumbra 3D Revascularization Device have been launched in the recent past.
Developed economies such as the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, Japan, and Germany are witnessing rapid shift from conventional surgical methods to minimally invasive therapies. Moreover, there is a shift towards adopting detachable and bare platinum coils as against the highly priced coated coils. According to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, around six million people in the U.S. i.e. one in 50 people suffer from brain aneurysm every year. High incidence rate of stroke and aneurysm is expected to continue strengthening demand for neurointerventional devices in the U.S. market.
The global Interventional neurology market is witnessing strategic agreements among leading players focusing on diversifying their product portfolio and increasing their market presence.
- In 2016, Codman & Shurtleff, Inc. inked an exclusive distribution agreement with InNeuroCo, Inc. for its intermediate catheter and super distal access device in the U.S. and European markets
- In 2015, Medtronic PLC acquired Lazarus Effect, a California-based medical device company engaged in development of acute ischemic stroke products for around US$ 100 million. Lazarus Effect was acquired with an aim to enhance Medtronic’s neurovascular business and related portfolio.
Advent of innovative solutions that enhance the outcomes of surgeries are fueling demand for neurointerventional devices
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is investigating the safety and success rate of ADAPT - direct-aspiration first pass technique that removes the clot in a single-pass
- FDA expanded the approval of Solitaire stent retriever device of Medtronic PLC for reduction of stroke-related disability. This device can now be used in patients with large vessel occlusion, proximal anterior circulation, and smaller core infarcts to reduce paralysis, and other stroke-related disabilities.
- CE approved EmboTrap stent retriever platform, the EmboTrap II Revascularization Device from Neuravi Ltd. This new device enables removal of clots of different lengths with ease.
Key takeaways of the market include:
- There are a range of neurointerventional devices such as embolic coils, carotid stents, intracranial stents, neurovascular thrombectomy devices, embolic protection devices, and flow diverter devices available in the market. Embolic coils was the largest segment and accounted for 32.5% share (in terms of revenue) in 2015. This is mainly due to these being the mainstay of endovascular treatment for brain aneurysms and hemorrhage.
- Demand for stent retrievers is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period (2016 – 2024). This is mainly attributed to these being used as a one-step technique for device deployment and clot retrieval. The launch of this device in Japan is anticipated to also contribute towards the market growth in Asia Pacific.
- Introduction of new techniques such as flow disruption and ADAPT aspiration technique is expected reduce the revenue share of coiling technique segment, and is projected to account 34.3% of the total market revenue by 2024
- Demand for neurointerventional devices is analyzed to be high in hospitals as compared to ambulatory centers, due to growing number of surgical procedures in hospitals. The hospitals end use segment is analyzed to expand at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
- In 2015, North America dominated the global Interventional neurology market, with the contribution of the region estimated at US$ 701.9 million. Increasing incidence rate of brain aneurysm and ischemic strokes along with favorable government policies such as Medicare and Medicaid is expected to bolster sales of interventional neurology devices over the forecast period.
- Growing focus on introducing technological advanced devices is expected to drive market growth in the long run
- oStryker Corporation’s subsidiary Concentric Medical’s Trevo XP ProVue Retriever received FDA approval for its use in strokes in November 2016
- oPenumbra 3D Revascularization Device Trial successfully met the primary trial endpoints in 2016
Request For Customization: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/56
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having office at global financial capital in the U.S. Our client base includes players from across all business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We are uniquely positioned to help businesses around the globe deliver practical and lasting results through various recommendations about operational improvements, technologies, emerging market trends and new working methods. We offer both customized and syndicated market research reports that help our clients create visionary growth plans to provide traction to their business. We meticulously study emerging trends across various industries at both the global and regional levels to identify new opportunities for our clientele. Our global team of over 100 research analysts and freelance consultants provide market intelligence from the very molecular country level and also provide a global perspective of the market. Our team is of the most vital cog in our robust machinery that gives us the ability to deliver independent insight relying on our cognitive defusion training module.This allows for an objective and unbiased assessment of the market. We pride ourselves in my constantly striving to update our extremely in-depth understanding of the market by closely monitoring and analyzing markets, trends, and emerging best practices, across allfathomable industries under the sun. This enables us to equip our valued clientele with key decisive inputs to capitalize on lucrative growth opportunities in the market and to follow firmly position themselves on a high growth path in the future.