MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on "Italy: Competition Set to Intensify Following Wind Tre Launch and Iliad’s Market Entry on Horizon".
In 2016, Italy was the fourth-largest telecom market in Western Europe, according to GlobalData, generating an estimated telecom service revenue of $30.3bn (27.2bn). Revenue grew by just 0.1% year-on-year, in euro terms. GlobalData expects growth to improve over the forecast period (2016-2021) at a CAGR of 0.8% in euro terms, with revenue reaching $33.2bn (28.3bn). Mobile data will remain the top revenue-generating category, making up approximately 38.9% of total service revenue in 2021, up from 33.4% in 2016.
During the next five years, operators should focus on fixed-mobile convergence and multiplay to strengthen market positions. Deployment of fiber under the national ultra-broadband plan and rollout of next-generation mobile networks should provide investor opportunity.
Italy: Competition Set to Intensify Following Wind Tre Launch and Iliads Market Entry on Horizon', a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Italy compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Italy's telecommunication market.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Italy is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.8% in Euro terms during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 61.7% of the total telecom revenue by the end of 2021.
- Iliads entry will disrupt the market but GlobalData does not foresee it to have the same impact as Iliads entry to the French mobile market.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Italy's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GLobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Italy's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Italy's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207