In 2015, the Chinese lithium battery equipment market ushered in a high-speed development period, with the full-year market size surging150.83% to RMB12.2 billion, of which China-made equipment accounted for 68.3%. It is expected that during 2016-2020 China’s lithium battery equipment market will grow at an average annual rate of 33%, to RMB54.4 billion till 2020, which would be mainly propelled by the rapid growth of lithium battery, especially of power lithium battery.
Fueled by a surge in the output of new energy vehicles, the demand for power lithium battery in China grew 169.8% year on year to 15.9Gwh in 2015. We project that the demand will keep an AAGR of 46% to 118.3GWh by 2020.
At present, lithium battery equipment is mainly used to manufacture power lithium batteries and lithium batteries for consumer electronics and energy storage. Specifically, the power lithium battery equipment boasts the largest market size, at RMB7 billion in 2015, occupying 55.9%. And this proportion is expected to rise to 78% by 2020.
By technological process, lithium battery equipment mainly falls into front-end equipment and back-end equipment. In 2015, front-end equipment accounted for a 53% market share and back-end equipment 47%. As the key equipment for manufacturing lithium batteries, coating machine (a kind of front-end equipment) had a market size of RMB3.8 billion in 2015, making up 31.1% of the lithium battery equipment market in China. It is anticipated that by 2020 this figure will be likely to climb to RMB15.2 billion.
In terms of competitive landscape, the Chinese lithium battery equipment industry is so scattered that enterprises have low concentration. In 2015, the top 5 Chinese lithium battery equipment manufacturers, namely Wuxi Lead Intelligent Equipment, Yinghe Technology, Shenzhen New Katop Automation Technology, Areconn Precision Machinery, and Shenzhen Xinyuren Technology,held a combined market share of just 16.3%. Among them, Wuxi Lead Intelligent Equipment seized the largest share of 4.3%, followed by Yinghe Technology 3.9%.
In the future, with a boom in the downstream demand, large Chinese producers of lithium battery equipment will bring the integration of production lines into reality through M&A and industry chain extension. In contrast, small and medium-sized enterprises will focus on industry segments and realize specialized production by strengthening technical development to improve product performance. Also driven by the strategic initiative INDUSTRIE 4.0 and the policies for, say, intelligentization, the trend developing towards intelligence and full automation of lithium battery equipment has become increasingly apparent.
The report focuses on the following aspects:
- Policy environment, market size, product mix, competitive landscape, and development trends of lithium battery equipment in China.
- Development of lithium battery equipment product segments in China (including coater, laminating machine, winding machine, and Pack equipment).
- Corporate competition and development of global and Chinese lithium battery market;
- Development of lithium batteries for consumer electronics, energy storage and power battery as well as demand for lithium battery equipment in China.
- Operation and development in China of 4 global lithium battery equipment companies.
- Operation, development strategies, etc. of 15 Chinese lithium battery equipment enterprises.
Major Points from Table of Contents
1. Overview of Lithium Battery Equipment
2. China Lithium Battery Equipment Market
3. Development of Lithium Battery Equipment Segmentation Market
4. Lithium Battery Market Development
5. Major Global Lithium Battery Equipment Manufacturers
6. Key Players in China
China Market Research Reports is a database of selected syndicated market reports for global and China industries including but not limited to life sciences, information technology & telecommunications, consumer goods, food and beverages, energy and power, automotive and transportation, manufacturing and construction, materials and chemicals, public sector as well as business and financial services.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers.
+ 1 888 391 5441