Latest industry research report on: LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem Market : Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
As a natural upgrade path for mobile operators from the previously detached GSM, CDMA and TD-SCDMA ecosystems, LTE has emerged as the first truly global mobile communications standard. Commonly marketed as the “4G” standard, LTE promises to provide higher data rates and lower latency at a much lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) than 3G technologies.
The TCO and performance is further enhanced by deployment of small cells and the LTE-Advanced standard, which improves performance and data rates using features such as the aggregation of carriers, interference management and advanced antenna techniques.
With over 500 fully commercial network launches, LTE has become a mainstream technology, and a number of mobile operators have already deployed LTE-Advanced technology. SNS Research estimates that LTE service revenues will account for over $600 Billion in 2016. The figure is further expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% over the next four years.
While LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments are still underway, mobile operators and vendors have already embarked on R&D initiatives to develop so-called “5G” networks, with a vision of commercialization by 2020. 5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency, and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for Billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
By 2020, LTE and 5G infrastructure investments are expected to account for a market worth $32 Billion. This includes spending on distributed macrocells, small cells, C-RAN architecture equipment and mobile core solutions.
The “LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem: 2016 – 2030 – Infrastructure, Devices, Operator Services, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, technologies, service revenue potential, deployment strategies, vertical market opportunities, mobile operator case studies, R&D initiatives, future roadmap, value chain, vendor assessment and market share. The report also tracks revenue and shipments for both infrastructure and devices, along with subscription and service revenue from 2016 through to 2030.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and market status
- 5G technology and R&D commitments
- Market drivers and barriers
- TCO comparison with legacy technologies
- LTE/5G infrastructure, devices, subscriptions and service revenue
- Infrastructure and device vendor share
- Antenna systems, RAN, mobile core, backhaul and fronthaul deployment strategies
- Mobile operator reviews, service models, pricing strategies and LTE/5G deployment case studies
- Unlicensed LTE, VoLTE, RCS, eMBMS and M2M services
- Vertical markets for LTE/5G networks
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Company profiles and strategies of over 90 ecosystem players including infrastructure vendors, device OEMs and mobile operators
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
LTE/5G Infrastructure Shipments & Revenue
- Distributed Macrocell Base Stations
- Small Cells
- RRHs (Remote Radio Heads)
- C-RAN BBUs (Centralized RAN Baseband Units)
- Mobile Core
LTE/5G Device Shipments & Revenue
- Embedded M2M Modules
- USB Dongles
LTE/5G Subscriptions and Service Revenue
- FDD LTE
Private LTE/5G Infrastructure Revenue
- Public Safety
- Energy & Utilities
- Mining & Others
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key infrastructure and device vendors, and what are their strategies?
- How will FDD LTE investments compare with TD-LTE?
- What is the outlook for LTE-Advanced adoption?
- What are the future prospects for unlicensed LTE, VoLTE and eMBMS services?
- Will future network rollouts adopt a C-RAN architecture?
- How will NFV and virtualization affect the EPC market?
- What opportunities exist for small cells and how will their proliferation impact the wider LTE/5G infrastructure market?
- How much are vendors and operators investing in 5G R&D efforts?
- What will be the number of 5G subscriptions in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What are the prospects of millimeter wave technology for 5G radio access networking?
The report has the following key findings:
- In 2016, mobile operators will pocket over $600 Billion from commercial LTE service revenues. The figure is further expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% over the next four years.
- More than 150 LTE operators have already deployed carrier aggregation technology. By 2020, over 50% of all LTE subscribers will be supported by LTE-Advanced networks.
- Mobile operators are pursuing a range of technologies including unlicensed LTE (LTE-U, LAA, LWA, MulteFire), VoLTE and eMBMS, as they seek to maximize the value of their LTE investments while addressing mobile data traffic growth.
- Although 5G is yet to be standardized, vendors are aggressively investing in 5G development efforts with a principal focus on new air interface transmission schemes, higher frequency bands and advanced antenna technologies such as Massive MIMO and beamforming.
- By 2020, LTE and 5G infrastructure investments are expected to account for a market worth $32 Billion. This includes spending on distributed macrocells, small cells, C-RAN architecture equipment and mobile core solutions."
- 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
- Abu Dhabi Police
- Accelerated Concepts
- Affirmed Networks
- Airspan Networks
- Altiostar Networks
- Arcadyan Technology Corporation
- Artemis Networks
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207