MIAMI, Dec. 7, 2010 — Senior-level retail executives will come together for an exclusive “executive suite” gathering at the RetailConnections Business Executive Summit here in February.
The business and networking event, created for VPs and CXOs, is a magnet for top executives from all sectors, including department store, specialty, drug, supermarket, luxury, discount, apparel, accessories, books and home furnishings, among others.
Keynote speakers for the fourth annual Summit include:
• Bill Bass, President, Charming Direct, Charming Shoppes, who will disclose ingenious ways to conquer a big P&L killer — free merchandise shipping for online goods — in his keynote, “Worlds Collide: In-Store and Online.”
• Patrick Murray, Chief Financial Officer, Sephora, will deliver a wake-up call for disaster recovery in “Business Continuity — No More Procrastinating.”
• Miki Racine Berardelli, Chief Marketing Officer, Tory Burch, will detail how the designer mines the imaginations of highly devoted customers in “Embracing Social Media to Build the Brand.”
• Keith Enright, Chief Privacy Officer, VP, Privacy, Macy’s, will explore the most urgent privacy issues that retailers venturing into mobile can’t ignore.
• Diane Randolph, Chief Information Officer, Reitmans, will illustrate how Canada’s largest women’s apparel retailer optimizes operations across multiple brands.
“What makes this gathering so unique is it brings together the most senior retail leaders from every corner of the executive suite,” said Marc Millstein, president of RetailConnections. “It used to be that the head of logistics could pass the head of marketing in the hallway with no words exchanged — not anymore. Everybody is interdependent now.”
The 2011 RetailConnections Summit will also feature a rich offering of workshop sessions, where retailers break into smaller groups for an unscripted, candid dialogue on critical areas of the enterprise. Workshop facilitators include:
• Jay Dunn, Vice President of Marketing, Lane Bryant, and founder of the social media/marketing site Supergroup, will illustrate in his signature, animated style how effective social tactics and traditional ROI mix like oil and water.
• Bernie Brennan and Lori Schafer, authors of the just-released, highly acclaimed “Branded!” will provoke lively discussion on the mobile/social revolution.
• Betty Kildow, owner, Kildow Consulting, will drive home why everybody in the organization needs to understand their stake in business continuity planning.
• Gregg Jerolman, CEO, G.M. Jerolman & Associates, will eke out of workshop participants just how they are raising the bar on talent development in their organizations.
• Other workshop sessions will dive into the world of mobile commerce, supply chain excellence, product lifecycle management and customer engagement best practices.
Seats are limited to 90 retail VPs and CXOs, as the Summit is designed to be an intimate, interactive gathering of executives. Already confirmed to attend are senior executives from J.C. Penney, Meijer, Dollar Tree, David Yurman, Kroger, Rooms to Go, David’s Bridal, Helzberg Diamonds, Restoration Hardware, Cost Plus World Market, Bed Bath & Beyond, BevMo, and many others.
The RetailConnections Business Executive Summit gets under way Feb. 27-March 1, 2011, at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club in Miami.
“The Summit program is shaping up extremely well,” said Millstein. “We’re sold out on sponsorships and truly gratified the event has brought together so many great executives from the best retailing and brand companies.”
Founding sponsors include Cisco, Epson, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, Scopix, Sterling Commerce, Syniverse, TradeCard, TradeStone and Verizon. Charter sponsors include Avanade, Microsoft Dynamics, Intel, Intuit, Manthan Systems, QlikTech and SAF.
RetailConnections serves senior retail executives by hosting events that provide exceptional learning and networking. We believe the value of establishing new business relationships in person far outweighs other forms of communication. In this era when knowledge from all retail departments is intertwined, events that bring together top-level management from every function area deliver the greatest business insights.