Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. It is characterized by single or recurrent major depressive episodes (MDEs), where patients can typically experience periods of depressed mood, loss of energy, abnormal cognition, anxiety and suicidal ideation. Similar to other neuropsychiatric disorders, MDD has a multifaceted and varied etiology, and remains poorly understood. The MDD market is crowded and competitive, with more than 30 products available for the treatment of patients, the majority of which are now available as inexpensive generics. The MDD market is therefore in a dynamic phase where patent expiries for historically top-selling products such as Eli Lillys Cymbalta and Otsuka/BMS Abilify have occurred, and recent launches of Lundbeck/Takedas Trintellix and Otsuka/Lundbecks Rexulti will be a significant driver of growth in the 7MM. Growth in the MDD market is also expected to be driven by the potential introduction of six promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, all of which are directed towards treatment-resistant patients, a significant unmet need.
The recent launch of Lundbeck/Takedas Trintellix (in 2014) will be the main driver of growth in these markets, as well as the release of four late-stage pipeline drugs during the forecast period. The pipeline drugs will expand the 5EU MDD market substantially from 2018 onwards. Increases in diagnosed prevalent cases of MDD will also drive market growth throughout the 5EU, driven by increased public awareness of depressive disorders, and an increase in the routine screening for depressive disorders.
- Overview of MDD including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2015-2025.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting 5EU MDD market.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for MDD.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2015-2025 in 5EU.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 10
2 Introduction 11
2.1 Related Reports 11
2.2 Upcoming Related Reports 12
3 Disease Overview 13
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 13
3.1.1 Etiology 13
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 14
3.2 Classification 17
3.3 Symptoms and Subtypes of Major Depressive Disorder 19
3.4 Prognosis 20
3.5 Quality of Life 20
4 Disease Management 21
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 21
4.1.1 Diagnosis 21
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines 22
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 24
4.2 5EU 28
5 Competitive Assessment 32
5.1 Overview 32
5.2 Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors 34
5.2.1 Lexapro (Escitalopram) 34
5.2.2 Viibryd (Vilazodone) 42
5.2.3 Other Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors 46
5.3 Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors 60
5.3.1 Cymbalta (Duloxetine) 60
5.3.2 Effexor (Venlafaxine) 68
5.3.3 Fetzima (Levomilnacipran) 75
5.3.4 Savella (Milnacipran) 81
5.3.5 Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 86
5.4 Multimodal Antidepressants 91
5.4.1 Trintellix (Vortioxetine) 91
5.5 Other Antidepressants 100
5.5.1 Bupropion 100
5.5.2 Symbyax (Olanzapine/Fluoxetine) 106
5.5.3 Mirtazapine 111
5.5.4 Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors 116
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.