Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a type of kidney cancer that originates in the lining of the proximal convoluted tubule, a part of the very small tubes in the kidney that transport waste molecules from the blood to the urine. The condition is asymptomatic in its initial stages, and as a result, people with RCC are often in the advanced stages of the disease by the time it is discovered. The initial symptoms of RCC often include blood in the urine, flank pain, a mass in the abdomen or flank, weight loss, fever, hypertension, night sweats, and a general feeling of being unwell. Kidney cancer is among the 10 most frequently occurring cancers in Western countries.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that there were 186,179 incident cases of RCC in the 8MM in 2013, and the number of incident cases will grow 6.25% over the next decade to 302,449 incident cases. In 2013, there were 593,228 prevalent cases of RCC in the 8MM. Each of the 8MM will see an increase in prevalent cases over the 10-year forecast period.
This forecast is supported by ageand sex-specific data for the incidence. The oneto five-year relative survival data, which were used for the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases forecast, are supported by country-specific, population-based studies that are nationally representative of the entire population in the respective markets. Additionally, in each of the 8MM, the analysis is strengthened by the use of a consistent methodology for the diagnosed incident cases forecast, using regression techniques, and is based on 15 years of country-specific historical data points pertaining to the ageand sex-specific diagnosed incidence of RCC.
- The Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for RCC in the eight major markets 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and urban China). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosedincident cases of RCC segmented by sex and age (in five-year age groups beginning at 20 years and ending at 85 years and older).
- GlobalData epidemiologists also forecast the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of RCC in the 8MM. Additionally, the report provides the RCC diagnosed incident cases, segmented by the stage at diagnosis, for the 8MM.
- The RCC epidemiology report is written and developed by Mastersand PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RCC market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global RCC market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for RCC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 6
2 Introduction 7
2.1 Catalyst 7
2.2 Upcoming Related Reports 7
3 Epidemiology 8
3.1 Disease Background 8
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 9
3.3 Global Trends 10
3.3.1 Incidence 10
3.3.2 Survival Rates for RCC - 8MM 13
3.4 Forecast Methodology 14
3.4.1 Sources Used 16
3.4.2 Sources Not Used 19
3.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, RCC Diagnosed Incident Cases 20
3.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, RCC Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases 20
3.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, RCC Clinical Stage at Diagnosis 21
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for RCC (2013-2023) 22
3.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 22
3.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 24
3.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC 26
3.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Incidence of RCC 28
3.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of RCC by Clinical Stage at Diagnosis 30
3.5.6 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of RCC 31
3.6 Discussion 32
3.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 32
3.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 33
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.