Over the years, the mass spectrometry market-comprising of instruments, consumables, and services-has witnessed various technological advancements. These advancements have led to a growth in the number of mass spectrometry applications. Some of the applications using mass spectrometry are drug discovery and development, metabolomics, biomarkers, and diagnostics. However, the high cost of instruments and the need for skilled professionals to operate these highly sophisticated systems are factors that are hindering the market.
The MALDI-TOF segment is one of the fastest-growing segments in the mass spectrometry market, since MALDI-based technologies are expected to find increased usage in the clinical diagnostics field in the coming years. Pharmaceuticals accounted for the largest mass spectrometry application market due to the need to improve drug safety and efficacy as well as the need to reduce the costs associated with the drug discovery and development process.
In the years to come, the mass spectrometry market is expected to experience the highest growth in the Asian region with emphasis on China and India. These countries will serve as new revenue pockets for companies involved in the mass spectrometry market. The high growth in these regions can be attributed to the increased involvement of their respective governments, improved funding scenario, and the increasing number of collaborations with established market players. Apart from Asia, countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and Africa are also projected to have significant growth in the mass spectrometry market. The U.S. and Europe are mature mass spectrometry markets.
Read full report: https://www.globalmarketreports.com/mass-spectrometry-market-by-technology-tandem-lc-ms-quadrupole-icp-ms-gas-chromatography-ms-tof-ms-maldi-tof-fourier-transform-ms-and-by-application-pharmaceutical-biotechnology-environment-food-and-beverages-global-trends-and-forecast-to-2018-22603
and Europe are mature mass spectrometry markets. New applications in the diagnostics field and applied markets as well as technological advancements are expected to propel the demand in these regions. RoW includes regions such as Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific countries. These markets are slated to grow at a steady pace. However, with countries in these regions increasing their focus on research and gaining funds, these regions could be considered as potential high-growth regions.
The global mass spectrometry market witnesses high competitive intensity as there are many big and small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (innovations, acquisitions, and geographic expansions) to increase their market shares and to establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios and services offered by the top 10 players in the mass spectrometry market. The report analyzes mass spectrometry systems by technology
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the mass spectrometry market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various mass spectrometry technologies across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the mass spectrometry market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the mass spectrometry market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.