MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ MediPoint: Orthotic and Prosthetic (O&P) Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts ”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
MediPoint: Orthotic and Prosthetic (O&P) Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
The global orthotics and prosthetics (O&P) market, which includes braces and supports and prosthetic devices, is an expansive market covering a broad range of indications. Braces and supports, external devices that provide support to joints and weakened musculoskeletal groups to facilitate function and healing, are utilized prominently in osteoarthritis management; fracture, sprain, strain, and tear treatment; and prophylactic sports use. For this report, prosthesis use is focused on a single indication: extremity amputation.
The growing global aging population and subsequent rise in the prevalence of diseases that primarily affect the elderly, including diabetes, vascular disease, and osteoarthritis, as well as the increase in adoption of braces and supports for non-invasive treatment, particularly in fracture management and post-operative rehabilitation, are expected to drive growth in the O&P market. Emerging O&P technologies focus on improving patient comfort and functionality to facilitate increased product adoption.
This report examines O&P device adoption and challenges faced by current competitors in the 10 major markets (10MM): the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China, India, and Brazil. The analysis also identifies unmet needs in the market, specifies the major drivers and barriers to device adoption, and provides an understanding of physician perception and outlook with an overall emphasis on current and future industry trends in the 10MM.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future O&P market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that O&P manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with O&P products currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of brace or prosthetic device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook of O&P?
- What are the challenges and complications of O&P that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of O&P products, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global O&P market?
- Annualized total O&P market revenue by type of device, direct and indirect costs of disease, procedure trends, and market outlooks by country through 2021.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and O&P products in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global O&P market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading orthopedic surgeons and O&P practitioners from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Table Of Content
1 Table of Contents 8
1.1 List of Tables 16
1.2 List of Figures 20
2 Introduction 25
2.1 Catalyst 25
2.2 Related Reports 26
3 Industry Overview 27
3.1 Overview 27
3.2 Procedure Trends 27
3.2.1 Global Overview 27
3.2.2 By Country 28
3.3 Market Access 38
3.3.1 Purchasing Decisions 38
3.4 Brand Loyalty 39
3.5 Adoption 40
3.6 Regulation 41
3.6.1 US 41
3.6.2 5EU 42
3.6.3 APAC 43
3.6.4 South America 45
3.7 Reimbursement 47
3.7.1 US 47
3.7.2 5EU 49
3.7.3 APAC 53
3.7.4 South America 55
3.8 Product Recalls 57
3.8.1 Ability Dynamics Recalls Rush81 Prosthetic Foot (June 2014) 57
3.8.2 Zimmer Recalls Drop-Lok Knee Brace, Cartilage Knee Brace, Hinged Knee Support, and Tennis Elbow Support (April 2014) 57
3.8.3 Ossur Recalls Symbionic Leg (February 2014) 57
3.9 Mergers and Acquisitions 58
3.9.1 Ottobock Entered Licensing Agreement with Ekso Bionics (November 2014) 58
3.9.2 Breg to Merge with United Orthopedic Group (October 2014) 59
3.9.3 Ottobock to Distribute Artecs 3D Scanners (July 2014) 59
3.9.4 Hanger Acquired Prosthetic Laboratories of Rochester (June 2014) 59
3.9.5 Hanger Acquired Four Patient Care Companies (August 2013) 59
3.9.6 Ossur Acquired TeamOlmed for $47m (May 2013) 60
3.9.7 DJO Global Acquired Exos (December 2012) 60
3.9.8 Hanger Acquired Two Patient Care Companies (December 2012) 60
3.9.9 Hanger Acquired Five Companies (August 2011) 61
3.9.10 Thuasne Acquired Townsend Design (January 2011) 61
3.10 Economic Impact 61
3.10.1 Indirect Costs 61
3.10.2 Direct Costs 62
4 Unmet Needs 64