MO source (also known as high-purity metal organic compound) is one of the core materials for manufacturing LED, new generation of solar cells, phase change memory, semiconductor laser, RFIC (radio frequency integrated circuit) chip, etc.
In 2015, global MO source demand attained 56.2 tons, edging down 3.3% YoY, mainly because: first, LED product penetration had been close to saturation in the field of large-screen TV backlight and LED TV backlight market demand started to shrink; second, flip-chip LED technology squeezed the market space of LED backlight.
In 2015, output value of Chinese LED upstream epitaxial chips, midstream packaging and downstream application rose 8.3%, 13.0% and 15.8% respectively, thus driving Chinese MO source demand to go up by 15.3% YoY to 27.1 tons. In 2016, stimulated by favorable factors such as “Made in China 2025” and “One Belt and One Road”, China’s LED industry will continue to enjoy steady development and see MO source demand growing to 29.9 tons.
Due to high technical barriers, the whole MO source industry is now in oligopoly and monopolistic competition. In 2015, global MO source market CR5 reached 94.5%.
Jiangsu Nata Opto-electronic Material Co., Ltd.boasting MO source capacity of 27.5t/a is the biggest MO source manufacturer in China. In June 2016, it put a 2.5t/a trimethylindium production line and two trimethylindium purification lines into production.
Dow, one of the world’s leading MO source suppliers, entered the field of MO source through the acquisition of Rohm & Haas in 2009. In November 2015, it announced the forthcoming merger with DuPont. Currently, matters relating to the merger are steadily advancing.
Suzhou Pure Opto-electronic Material Co., Ltd. is a newcomer in the field of MO source. In 2016, it has formed an annual production capacity including 10 tons of trimethylgallium, 2.5 tons of triethylgallium and 800 kilograms of trimethylindium. Along with the ongoing research and development of triethylindium, magnesium, trimethylaluminum and more, the company is expected to achieve the production of MO source series in years to come.
The report focuses on the following aspects:
- General development situation, supply, demand, competition pattern, etc of global MO source industry.
- Development environment, supply, demand, market price trend, etc. of Chinese MO source industry.
- Market overview, market size, market structure, market price, etc. of main upstream industries (gallium, indium, etc.) and downstream application industries (LED, new solar cell, phase change memory, semiconductor laser, RFIC chip, etc.) of MO source.
- Operation, layout-in-China, revenue structure, MO source business, etc. of 9 global MO source manufacturers.
Major Points from Table of Contents
1. Overview of MO Source Industry
2. Development of Global MO Source Industry
3. Development of MO Source Industry in China
4. Upstream and Downstream Sectors of MO Source
5. Key Enterprises Worldwide
6. Summary and Forecast
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 100,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Contact us for your special interest needs and we will get in touch within 24hrs to help you find the market research report you need.
+ 1 888 391 5441