Time to upgrade your cockpit and puzzled about which is the best and most advanced and accurate engine monitoring system? We'll break this down for you and help you decide quickly.
There are dozens of avionics manufacturers that offer aircraft engine monitor equipment. They all tend to offer a mix of stand-alone monitors as well as integrated units. Your friends will probably tell you that if you only need to replace a gauge or two then, do just that. Replace just what you need with the modern digital versions. Our experts on the other hand, would prefer you take a holistic view of the cockpit and the overall technology currently in it.
If the bulk of the engine monitoring systems currently in your cockpit are 10 or more years old, it might probably be a good idea to do a complete makeover and in the process, have a neater, less clustered cockpit that actually puts pleasure back into flying and also makes the flight a whole lot safer and cheaper too.
Modern day advanced and accurate Digital EGT Gauge systems can capture just about every piece of data that can be captured; from cylinder head temperature (CHT) to even vibration data. All this data can conveniently be displayed in a integrated, Multi-Function Display (MFD) unit.
Although it looks like one, the multi-display unit isn't something like your TV. Most TV's just process and display a picture and audio. A advanced and accurate engine EDM Monitors Multi-function display unit on the other hand, does more than just display.
A Multi-Function Display (MFD) unit like the ones being manufactured by J.P. Instruments, doesn't just display the data it receives; it actually:
1. allows the pilot to program how the data should be displayed
2. set various critical parameters and alarms
3. depending on the model, saves all the data in a convenient, high-speed memory card
4. has built in artificial intelligence that can detect anomalies and notify the pilot
5. helps reduce your maintenance bill by reducing or altogether eliminating the need for emergency repairs which usually tend to occur because a problem was not detected in time because until now, it would not have been humanly possible to do so
6. makes full utilization of modern sensor technology to provide more data with higher accuracy
7. accepts and integrates GPS data and use it to automatically compute fuel status for the selected flight path
8. Has the ability to chart the aircraft's flight path.
When upgrading your aircraft cockpit with the latest and most advanced and accurate Electronic Data Management Systems, you should ideally also upgrade all the sensors. There is a sea of technological difference between sensors of 10 years ago and state-of-the-art sensors being manufactured today. These differences are in terms of accuracy and speed of response – two very important and critical factors and ones that aircraft safety heavily relies upon.
J.P.Instruments was founded in 1986 in Huntington Beach, California, USA. J.P. Instruments is leader in aircraft engine data management systems and has added a whole line of reliable and cost effective aircraft instrumentation to its name.