MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ National Broadband Plans in AME: Governments Leverage the Private Sector to Achieve Ambitious Targets”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
The insider report 'National Broadband Plans in AME: Governments Leverage the Private Sector to Achieve Ambitious Targets' offers an overview of efforts taken by the government in the AME region to develop the broadband infrastructure. It delivers comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research into NBPs adopted by AME countries. This presentation-quality report provides an analysis of governments initiatives and operators' involvement in broadband infrastructure development.
- The region features significant differences in broadband penetration levels among countries in Africa and the Middle East owing to differences in the income levels and the maturity of telecom sector.
- African countries are mainly targeting to improve broadband penetration nationally. Middle Eastern countries have included targets to reduce the digital divide in the country by improving broadband connectivity in rural areas.
- Numerous countries with low broadband penetration are targeting to provide broadband coverage with relatively lower speed in the short term, however, long-term targets include provision of broadband services with faster speed.]
- Funding of the NBPs poses the challenge in many AME countries. In addition to providing direct funds from budgets and universal service funds, governments have been encouraging private investments by regulatory reforms that reduce barriers to entry and encourage infrastructure sharing.
National Broadband Plans in AME: Governments Leverage the Private-Sector to Achieve Ambitious Targets, a new Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, provides an overview of the national broadband plans (NBP) adopted by the governments in Africa and the Middle East (AME) region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional market context analyzing the impact of economic development on broadband penetration in several AME countries .
- Analysis of priorities set under NBPs such as targets, technology, funding and role of governments as well as private operators.
- Case studies on three countries NBP with focus on analysis of targets, goals, government initiatives, operators involvement and progress over the period.
- Key findings, detailing the analysis of NBPs on several parameters such as targets, funding strategies, preferred technologies and strategies adopted by government to achieve the targets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Insider Report provides a five-year forecast of fixed broadband and mobile data developed using Pyramid Researchs rigorous bottom-up modeling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand for their products.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the AME market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- Gain understanding of governments goals and initiatives to make informed decisions pertaining to investments in network and technologies and optimize return on investment.
- Develop an understating of national broadband plans through the analysis of targets, technologies, governmental support, operators' roles and funding strategies.
Table Of Content
Regional Broadband Market Context
Market context: Impact of economic development on broadband penetration
Regional broadband market context in Africa and the Middle East
Focus in NBPs: Targets, Technology, Funding & Role of Governments and Private Sector
Targets and priorities of NBPs
Preferred technologies for implementation
Roles of governments and telcos in implementation
Funding the achievement of plan targets
Review of NBP frameworks
Overview of NBPs in Africa and the Middle East region
Case study: National broadband plan of Oman
Case study: National broadband plan of Kenya
Case study: National broadband plan of South Africa
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Tables
Exhibit 1: Fixed-broadband Penetration And PPP-adjusted GDP Per Capita, AME, 2016
Exhibit 2: Fixed-broadband Lines And Penetration Of Population In AME, 2015-2021
Exhibit 3: Fixed-broadband Penetration Of Population In Select AME Markets, 2016 & 2021
Exhibit 4: Common Targets across AME
Exhibit 5: Prevalent technologies in NBPs
Exhibit 6: Government And Telco Measures In Support Of National Broadband Plans
Exhibit 7: Uses of government and Telco funds
Exhibit 8: Overview Of National Broadband Plan Of Tunisia
Exhibit 9: Overview Of National Broadband Plan Of Israel And Turkey
Exhibit 10: Overview Of National Broadband Plan Of Qatar
Exhibit 11: Overview Of National Broadband Plan Of Egypt
Exhibit 12: Overview Of National Broadband Plan Of Morocco
Exhibit 13: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In Oman, 2014-21
Exhibit 14: OBC Broadband Coverage Map
Exhibit 15: Short-term And Long-term Targets Of Kenyas National Broadband Plan
Exhibit 16: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In Kenya, 2014-21
Exhibit 17: Targets Of SA Connect
Exhibit 18: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In South Africa, 2014-21