MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ National Broadband Plans in Asia-Pacific: Focus on Bridging the Digital Divide to Spur Economic Growth ”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
National Broadband Plans in Asia-Pacific: Focus on Bridging the Digital Divide to Spur Economic Growth report provides an overview of the national broadband plans adopted by the governments in APAC region. This includes an analysis of priorities set under NBPs such as targets, technology, funding and role of governments as well as private operators. The report also provides case studies on countries NBPs with focus on targets, goals, government initiatives, operator involvement and progress over the period.
- The digital divide remains a major concern for many countries in APAC region, making it a key agenda in NBPs. Examples of these countries include India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand etc.
- Other key goals included in the NBPs in APAC countries involve improving speed and quality of broadband services, deployment of new technologies, digitization of government institutions and offices etc.
- Fiber-optic is the preferred technology for most of the countries on account of high transmission speeds, which helps operators meet demands of high bandwidth services.
- Governments and operators are actively investing in the broadband infrastructure to attain goals laid under the national broadband plans. Government are extending support in the form of funds as well as introducing regulatory measures and offering spectrum. While operators are supporting by making investments in their networks.
National Broadband Plans in Asia-Pacific: Focus on Bridging the Digital Divide to Spur Economic Growth , a new Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, provides insights into national broadband plans or strategies (NBPs) in the Asia-Pacific region. This report investigates NBPs in APAC countries that have included targets pertaining to broadband services and digitization of government offices, institutions and public places. Countries such as India, China, Malaysia, Taiwan and Vietnam among others have goals to extend broadband access, while countries including Indonesia and China have also defined minimum speed of broadband services in their respective NBPs. The report analyses targets, technologies, funding strategies and role of government and private sector in achieving the goals of NBPs. It also includes brief information on NBPs of select countries in the region. Case studies on NBPs of five countries are provided, which include overview, goals, government initiatives, operator involvement and progress.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain understanding of governments goals and initiatives to make informed decisions pertaining to investments in network and technologies and optimize return on investment.
- Develop understating of markets through analysis of targets, technologies, government support, operator role and funding strategies.
- Understand growth opportunities as per emerging trends in broadband segment using information on five year forecast for fixed-broadband, mobile penetration and 3G+ subscription in APAC.
- Case studies on NBPs of five countries focus on details about NBP objectives, government strategies being pursued to boost investments and adoption of broadband services along with information of investments by operators to drive their business, provide understanding of the markets for prospective market entrants as well as for existing operators.
Table Of Content
Market context: Correlation of broadband penetration with GDP per capita and regional
broadband market context
Market context: Correlation of broadband penetration with GDP per capita
Regional broadband market context in Asia-Pacific
Focus in NBPs: Targets, Technology, Funding & Role of Governments and Private Sector
Targets and priorities of NBPs
Preferred technologies for implementation
Roles of governments and telcos in implementation
Funding the achievement of plan targets
Review of NBP Frameworks
Overview of NBPs in Asia-Pacific region
Case study: National broadband plan of Thailand
Case study: National broadband plan of Malaysia
Case study: National broadband plan of Indonesia
Case study: National broadband plan of Australia
Case study: National broadband plan of New Zealand
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Tables
Exhibit 1: Fixed-broadband Penetration And Ppp-adjusted Gdp Per Capita, APAC, 2016
Exhibit 2: Fixed-broadband Lines And Penetration Of Population In APAC, 2015-2021
Exhibit 3: Fixed-broadband Penetration Of Population In Select APAC Markets, 2016 & 2021
Exhibit 4: Mobile Subscriptions And Penetration Of Population In APAC, 2012-2021
Exhibit 5: Forecasts Of 3g+ Subscription Growth Rates In Select APAC Markets, 2016-2021
Exhibit 6: Common Targets across APAC
Exhibit 7: Prevalent Technologies In NBPs
Exhibit 8: Government And Telco Measures In Support Of National Broadband Plans
Exhibit 9: Uses Of Government And Telco Funds
Exhibit 10: Overview Of NBP Of Australia
Exhibit 11: Overview Of NBP of Singapore
Exhibit 12: Overview Of NBP Of India
Exhibit 13: Overview Of NBP Of China
Exhibit 14: Overview Of NBP Of Malaysia
Exhibit 15: Overview Of NBP Of New Zealand
Exhibit 16: Overview Of NBP Of Indonesia
Exhibit 17: Overview Of NBP Of Taiwan
Exhibit 18: Overview Of NBP Of Thailand
Exhibit 19: Overview Of NBP Of Vietnam
Exhibit 20: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In Thailand, 2014-21
Exhibit 21: Fixed-broadband Subscriptions And Penetration Of Population In Thailand, 2010-2015
Exhibit 22: Fixed and Mobile broadband penetration IN Malaysia, 2014-21
Exhibit 23: Example of TMS UNIFI Packages For Households, November 2016
Exhibit 24: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In Indonesia, 2014-21
Exhibit 25: Fixed Broadband Penetration And Share Of FTTX In Total Access Lines In Indonesia, 2014-2021
Exhibit 26: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In Australia, 2014-21
Exhibit 27: NBN Coverage Map
Exhibit 28: Fixed And Mobile Broadband Penetration In New Zealand, 2014-21