Paragon Software Group (PSG), the technology leader in innovative data security and data management solutions, today announced the release of Paragon NTFS and HFS for Linux® 8.1 Combo Professional (http://www.paragon-software.com/business/ntfs-linux-professional/), the industry’s highest performance Kernel driver for NTFS and HFS+ file systems with advanced read and write operations for all types of files — including NTFS compressed files — that could be accessed and manipulated in both sequential and random orders on disk partitions of up to 25 Tb and more. Tested on Linux Kernels up to 2.6.33, NTFS and HFS for Linux 8.1 Combo Pro demonstrates read and write performance similar to Linux native Ext3FS with up to 80 MB/sec read/write speed and is the most advanced cross-platform technology available. Based on Paragon’s unique Universal File System Driver (UFSD) technology, NTFS and HFS for Linux 8.1 Combo Pro was developed to break barriers between non-compatible operating systems to create a seamless environment, even when encountering differences in operating systems and file types.
In addition to a 40 percent performance gain on NTFS file system (compared to the previous version), the new 8.1 edition offers full read/write support for HFS+ and HFSX, the native Mac OS file system, and allows to create and repair HFS+ volumes under most popular distributions of Linux based on latest Kernels (up to 2.6.33). It was proven that NTFS driver developed by Paragon Software Group is more robust than native Microsoft NTFS drivers — for example, Paragon’s driver is capable of handling files that are fragmented beyond limits of Microsoft’s NTFS drivers for Windows operating systems. Paragon HFS+ for Linux is the only driver that supports native HFS+ Journal, providing the highest level of reliability and performance.
“Paragon NTFS and HFS for Linux® 8.1 Combo Pro is the industry’s fastest, most stable and reliable tool for all those who want to share, back up, modify or copy large data files such as pictures, videos or any other documents between Linux and Windows or Linux and MacOS X,” commented Konstantin Komarov, CEO. "The easy-to-use format enables Linux-based PCs and network devices to have full read/write access to Windows NTFS and Mac HFS-formatted drives without having to use special commands to gain access to files of any size or type."
Key Features of Paragon NTFS and HFS 8.1 Combo Express include:
* Full support for Mac HFS+ and Windows NTFS file systems.
* Full support for compressed NTFS files: write compressed NTFS files not only sequentially but also at random.
* Paragon HFS+ for Linux is the only driver that supports the native HFS+ Journal, providing the highest level of reliability.
* High data transfer rate.
* Full read/write access: modify existing files, delete files and create or copy new files.
* Supports any type or format files, even the compressed and very large ones.
* Easy to install: the driver is built and installed by easy-to-use script.
* Easy to use: mount any NTFS or HFS partition like a native one – no need to perform special commands to gain access.
* Non-Roman characters and languages: File and folder names in national languages, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian.
* Low utilization of system resources during data transfer.
* Unlimited maximum file/partition size (within Kernel and NTFS/HFS+ limitations).
* Unlimited fragmentation of NTFS files — beyond Microsoft’s NTFS driver limit.
* Built on top of Paragon Universal File System Drivers (UFSD) library.
Paragon NTFS and HFS 8.1 Combo Professional includes all of the above plus:
* Technical support from Paragon which is particularly useful in case of installation problems since Linux Kernel has myriads of different configurations and it is virtually impossible to test the product on every configuration that may exist on user’s PC.
* Format volumes as NTFS and HFS+
* Check NTFS/HFS+ volumes for errors and repair them
* Defragment NTFS volumes
* Backup data from NTFS volumes to other file systems while preserving NTFS-specific data and attributes like file encryption and compression, alternate data streams, NTFS ACLS (permissions) and so on, as well as restore data from backup to NTFS volumes (cpntfs utility).
Paragon’s NTFS and HFS for Linux 8.1 Combo Professional is available for USD 39.95 (http://bit.ly/dCvt6H), EUR 29.95 (http://bit.ly/aAnEsV) or GBP 25.95 (http://bit.ly/dqUmxj). The technology is also available for licensing to manufacturers of data storage systems. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paragon’s NTFS and HFS for Linux 8.1 Combo Express is free of charge and can be downloaded at http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-linux-per/download.html. For more information on either of the products, please visit: http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/ufsd.html
# # #
Paragon Software is a trademark of Paragon Software Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Follow Paragon Software on Twitter:
Connect with Paragon Software on Facebook:
Paragon Software Blog:
About Paragon Software Group:
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, and Russia, delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco, Dell, Toshiba, NEC, Siemens, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more.