The healthcare industry is undergoing a fundamental transformation globally as it shifts from a volume-based to a value-based one. Growing demand from consumers for improved healthcare quality and greater value are forcing healthcare providers and payers to deliver optimized outcomes. In addition, governments across the globe are working toward reducing healthcare costs, which increases the burden on payers and providers to meet government as well as consumer expectations, thereby compelling them to move towards patient engagement solutions.
The global patient engagement solutions market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 20% from 2014 to 2019, to reach $13.7 billion by 2019 from $5.5 billion in 2014.Over the years, the traditional approaches to patient care, quality assurance, and cost management have been inefficient. Therefore patient engagement solutions will be among the priorities on the investment list of healthcare organizations for improving quality outcomes and cost management. Based on the mode of delivery, web-based solutions accounted for the largest segment of the patient engagement solutions market in 2014. However, cloud-based solutions are the fastest-growing delivery modes.
Based on end users, the providers segment accounted for the largest share. However, the providers and payers segments are expected to grow at a rapid rate in the end-user market.
Based on applications, health management accounted for the largest share of the patient engagement solutions market in 2014. Chronic disease contributed to the largest share of the market, by therapeutic area and it is expected to grow at a rapid rate.
Based on geography, North America contributed to the largest share of the market. The large share of this region can be attributed to factors such as rising healthcare costs and demand for quality care, legislative reforms, rising aging and chronically ill population, and government support for patient engagement.
The patient engagement solutions market is highly fragmented with many small and large players. Companies in this market focus on growth strategies such as client acquisitions; agreements, partnerships, collaborations; new product launches; expansions; acquisitions; marketing and promotion; and others (funding, grant, product enhancement) to increase their customer base.
The major players in the global patient engagement solutions market include McKesson Corporation (U.S.), Medecision, Inc. (U.S.), Allscripts, Inc. (U.
(U.S.), Phytel Inc. (U.S.), Cerner Corporation (U.S.), Orion Health (New Zealand), Aetna, Inc. (U.S.), Athenahealth, Inc. (U.S.), Emmi Solutions LLC (U.S.), and GetWellNetwork, Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolio and services offered by the ten major players in the patient engagement solutions market. The report analyzes patient engagement solutions across geographies
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the patient engagement solutions market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the patient engagement solutions market across geographies
- Market Diversification: Extensive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the patient engagement solutions market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and services of leading players in the patient engagement solutions market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.