Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a disease that includes a myriad of life-threatening disorders ranging from pulmonary embolism (PE) to deep vein thrombosis (DVT. The condition is relatively prevalent and is associated with long-term mortality and morbidity. VTE occurs when a thrombus (blood clot) forms in an individuals deep vein, owing to either changes in the components of their blood, damage to the endothelium in the vasculature, and/or changes in the flow of blood). When a thrombus materializes in the veins of the lower extremities, it can embolize, potentially occluding blood vessels in the lungs. Consequently, the vast majority of patients presenting with symptomatic pulmonary embolism also suffer from deep vein thrombosis, and many individuals diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis display pulmonary embolism that is asymptomatic. VTE can arise in both non-hospitalized and hospitalized individuals, repeatedly returns, and can cause chronic complications, such as post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS) or chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
Key Questions Answered
- The NOACs will see a significant increase in patient shares for the treatment of VTE and VTE primary prophylaxis against the established vitamin K antagonists and heparins. However, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the VTE market?
- The current late-stage VTE pipeline consists of betrixaban, in particular, which is vying for entry into the VTE market as the first NOAC approved for extended prophylaxis in acute medically ill patients- a significant unmet need in VTE space. Xarelto is also contending for entry in this space through an additional label expansion for the established therapy. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the VTE market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- We have seen a significant increase in the VTE population, in terms of diagnosed incidence and recurrent attacks, as well as an increase in the prophylaxis population. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
Download Sample copy of this Report @
- Overview of VTE, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized VTE therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the VTE therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global VTE therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global VTE therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global VTE therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global VTE therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 14
1.2 List of Figures 19
2 Introduction 21
2.1 Catalyst 21
2.2 Related Reports 22
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 22
3 Disease Overview 23
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 23
3.1.1 Etiology 23
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 24
3.2 Symptoms 25
3.3 Prognosis 26
3.4 Quality of Life 27
4 Epidemiology 29
4.1 Disease Background 29
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 30
4.3 Global Trends 31
4.4 Forecast Methodology 33
4.4.1 Sources Used 33
4.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 38
4.4.3 Sources Not Used 54
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for VTE, 2015-2025 55
4.5.1 Pulmonary Embolism 55
4.5.2 Deep Vein Thrombosis 58
4.5.3 VTE 61
4.5.4 Number of Hospital Discharges Meeting Criteria for Medically Ill and Those at Risk for VTE 71
4.5.5 Number of Primary Total Knee Replacements and Revisions 72
4.5.6 Number of Total Hip Replacements 74
4.6 Discussion 76
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 76
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 77
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 78
5 Disease Management 79
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 79
5.1.1 Diagnosis 79
5.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 79
5.1.3 Clinical Practice 83
5.2 US 87
5.3 France 89
5.4 Germany 91
5.5 Italy 93
5.6 Spain 95
5.7 UK 97
5.8 Japan 99
6 Competitive Assessment 101
6.1 Overview 101
6.2 Product Profiles - Oral Anticoagulants 104
6.2.1 Warfarin (Widely Genericized) 104
6.2.2 Pradaxa (dabigatran) 109
6.2.3 Xarelto (rivaroxaban) 117
6.2.4 Eliquis (apixaban) 124
6.2.5 Savaysa (edoxaban) 131
6.3 Product Profiles - Other Treatments 136
6.3.1 Heparins 136
6.3.2 Arixtra (fondaparinux) 137
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.