MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ PharmaPoint: Meningococcal Vaccines - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
PharmaPoint: Meningococcal Vaccines - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025
Neisseria meningitidis is a Gram-negative, encapsulated diplococcal bacterium and is the causative agent for invasive meningococcal disease. Although relatively rare around the globe, invasive meningococcal disease is widely feared because of its high mortality rate even in otherwise healthy individuals. The onset of invasive meningococcal disease typically begins within three to seven days of infection, but can occur as early as one day after infection. If left untreated, meningococcal disease progresses rapidly. Even with appropriate treatment, up to 10% of all cases still result in death within 24 to 48 hours of symptom onset. This rapid onset and progression of the disease emphasizes the need for a prophylactic approach by vaccination.
Pharmaceutical companies have developed vaccines addressing the most urgent medical needs based on clinical efficacy and epidemiology. The resulting vaccines can be divided into three categories, although other and finer segmentations can be made. These three categories include monovalent vaccines targeting serogroup C (MenC vaccines), vaccines protecting against most serogroup B strains (MenB vaccines), and tetravalent vaccines protecting against serogroups A, C, W, and Y (MenACWY vaccines). While the MenB vaccines use recombinant proteins as antigens, all other meningococcal vaccines are based on the polysaccharide capsules of the various serogroups.
Key Questions Answered
- Based on interviews with key opinion leaders (KOLs), GlobalData has identified key unmet needs in the meningococcal vaccine marketplace.
- What will be the effect of recent and upcoming changes in national immunization schedules?
- How will the new first-in-class vaccine covering all main serogroups (MenABCWY) be received in the different markets?
- What research and development (R&D) strategies will companies leverage to compete in the future meningococcal vaccine marketplace?
- Which patient population(s) are most likely to be targeted for vaccines against serogroup B and the pentavalent MenABCWY pipeline vaccine?
- GlobalData projects the meningococcal vaccine market in the US, 5EU, Japan, and Brazil to grow from approximately $1.1bn in 2015 to $1.8bn in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4%. This growth across the 8MM will primarily be driven by the introduction of additional meningococcal vaccines into the national routine infant and adolescent vaccination schedules in some 5EU countries. Further growth will be the result of the launch of a pentavalent MenABCWY vaccine during the forecast period while the commercial meningococcal vaccine markets in Brazil and Japan will experience a decline at a negative CAGR of 1.8% and 0.9% respectively.
- With most countries in the 8MM using serogroup B vaccines only for individuals at high risk of contracting meningococcal disease, the routine application of these protein-based vaccines is seen as the major unmet need to be addressed in the oncoming years.
- GlobalData anticipates that opportunities will center on the improvement of vaccine long-term efficacy whilst addressing the cost effectiveness concerns voiced by various governmental institutions.
- Overview of meningococcal disease, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, regional serogroup distribution, as well current routine meningococcal vaccine recommendations of all 8MM covered.
- Topline meningococcal vaccine market revenue from 2015-2025. Recent acquisitions, approvals and governmental recommendations are included in the forecast model.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the meningococcal vaccine market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and analysis of late-stage pipeline products. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global meningococcal vaccine marketplace. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global meningococcal vaccine market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the meningococcal vaccine market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.