The healthcare industry is undergoing a fundamental transformation globally as it shifts from a volume-based business to a value-based business. Growing demands from consumers for improved healthcare quality and greater value are forcing healthcare providers and payers to deliver optimized outcomes. In addition, governments across the globe are increasingly working towards reducing healthcare costs, which increases the burden on payers and providers to meet government as well as consumer expectations, thereby compelling them to move towards population health management solutions which enable them to provide improved healthcare at reduced costs.
The global population health management market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 26% from 2013 to 2018, to reach $40.6 billion by 2018 from $12.8 billion in 2013.Over the years, the healthcare industry is recognizing that the traditional approaches to patient care, quality assurance, and cost management are inefficient to keep pace with the emerging challenges. Therefore, population health management solutions will be among the priorities on the investment list of healthcare organizations for quality outcomes and cost management. Based on the mode of delivery, web-hosted solutions form the largest segment of the population health management market in 2013. However, cloud-based solutions are the fastest-growing delivery mode.
In the segmentation based on end users, the provider segment is the largest segment. However the employer groups segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate in the end-user market as employers realize the health of their employees directly affects the productivity. Based on geography, North America is expected to grow at the highest CAGR. The high growth in the North American region can be attributed to factors such as the rising healthcare costs and the demands for quality care, legislative reforms, rising aging and chronically ill population, and government support for population health management programs.
The population health management market is highly fragmented with many small and few large players. The companies in this market focus on growth strategies such as client acquisitions; agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and alliances; new product launches; and others (event participation, marketing and promotion, expansion, and educational promotion) to increase their customer base.
The major players in the global population health management market include Phytel Inc. (U.S.), McKesson Corporation (U.S.), Verisk Health Inc. (U.S.), Health Catalyst, LLC (U.
), Health Catalyst, LLC (U.S.) Allscripts, Inc. (U.S.), i2i Systems Inc. (U.S.), Cerner Corporation (U.S.), WellCentive, Inc. (U.S.), Conifer Health Solutions, LLC (U.S.), Explorys, Inc. (U.S.), and Healthagen, LLC (U.S.)
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolio and services offered by the 10 major players in the population health management market. The report analyzes population health management solutions across geographies
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the population health management market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for population health management solutions across geographies
- Market Diversification: Extensive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the population health management market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and services of leading players in the population health management market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.