Psoriasis (PsO) is an incurable genetic, systemic, inflammatory, and chronic skin disorder with an overall prevalence of 2-3% worldwide. Specifically, adult plaque psoriasis, the most common form of Psoriasis, is the focus of this report. Although not life-threatening, Psoriasis causes tremendous morbidity and personal angst for patients.
GlobalData projects the Psoriasis market in 8MM to experience modest growth during the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.26%. This growth will be driven primarily by the highly anticipated arrivals of promising systemic therapies- interleukin-17 (IL-17) inhibitors (Cosentyx, guselkumab and tildrakizumab), interleukin-23 (IL-23) inhibitors (ixekizumab and brodalumab) as well as phsophodiesterase (PDE4) inhibitor- Otezla (apremilast). Nevertheless, looming patent expiries of high-grossing branded drugs- especially TNF inhibitors, Humira, Enbrel and Remicade, in the US, 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK), and Japan, along with rapid global developmentsof biosimilars are expected to spread the growth throughout the different classes of products, away from the branded TNF inhibitors which have traditionally been the main driver of growth in the prior years.
Japan has not approved Amgens Enbrel for the treatment of psoriasis, and we expect this to remain so. However, Humira, Stelara, and more recently, Cosentyx are strong choices as branded drugs in Japan. Humira and Stelara are both expected to go off-patent in 2017 and 2021, respectively, while Cosentyx is expected to remain patented well past the forecast period end.
Download Sample copy of this Report at
- Overview of Psoriasis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2014-2024.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting Japan Psoriasis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Psoriasis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2014-2024 in Japan.
Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4 Disease Management
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
4.1.2 Leading Prescribed Drugs and Treatment Guidelines
4.1.3 Clinical Practice
5 Competitive Assessment
5.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment
5.3 Product Profiles - Major Brands
5.3.1 Enbrel (Etanercept)
5.3.2 Humira (Adalimumab)
5.3.3 Remicade (Infliximab)
5.3.4 Stelara (ustekinumab)
5.3.5 Cosentyx (Secukinumab)
5.3.6 Otezla (Apremilast)
5.3.7 Taclonex and Enstilar (Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate)
5.3.9 Fumaderm (Fumaric Acid Esters)
5.3.10 Alzumab (itolizumab)
5.3.11 Other Therapeutic Drug Classes Used in Psoriasis
5.3.12 Non-pharmacological Therapy
6 Unmet Need and Opportunity
6.2 Limited Patient Access Due to Drug Reimbursement Pattern
6.2.1 Unmet Need
6.2.2 Gap Analysis
6.3 Improved Drug Safety and Efficacy Profiles
6.3.1 Unmet Need
6.3.2 Gap Analysis
6.4 Education and Treatment of Psychological Factors Accompanying Psoriasis
6.4.1 Unmet Need
6.4.2 Gap Analysis
6.5 Physician Education About the Different Types of Psoriasis, not Just Plaque Psoriasis
6.5.1 Unmet Need
6.5.2 Gap Analysis
7 Pipeline Assessment
7.2 Clinical Trial Mapping
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.