Latest industry research report on: Retailing in France Market | Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
"Retailing in France, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021" provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to French retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing French retail industry.
French retail market registered sales of EUR480 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% over the next five years. Online retail grew by more than 10% in 2016 and is expected to continue at similar levels in 2017 and 2018. This growth is the third highest in the Eurozone. A change in the buying behavior of French consumers has changed sales growth. With growing health awareness the, sales of organic and health related products are rising.
As the economy recovers, consumer spending will improve. Though the food & grocery sector will grow the most, led by inflation and an increasing population, there is intensive competition in the sector. The clothing and footwear sector is the slowest growth sector as it faces over penetration. The market is highly competitive and even established brands are struggling due to the entry of new international brands and concepts that capture market share.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- France retail sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% between 2016 and 2021 to reach EUR540.5bn.
- Online retail sales in the country will recorded strong growth at a CAGR of 10.9% between 2016-2021 and will reach EUR49.8 billion in 2016.
- Clothing & footwear will underperform due higher market saturation.
- Food and grocery is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2016-2021, from 257.7 billion in 2016 to 301.0 billion by 2021.
- Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard Discounters represent for highest share in the overall retail sales.
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in French retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in French retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207