In 2016, Singapore's telecom services market will decline 1.7% over 2015. This is partly due to the substitution of fixed telephony services by mobile voice and OTT apps. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributing segment and the growth will be driven by telcos investments to enhance speeds and coverage. In addition, telcos are investigating new areas including 5G technology, smart city/IoT/M2M, cyber security, managed services, OTT video and data analytics to diversify their revenue streams.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Singapore is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 63.7% of the total telecom revenue in 2021.
- The Singapore telecom market will be dominated by Singtel, Star Hub and M1. Operators will continue to invest on 4G coverage expansions and deployment of fiber-optic network to boost the data connectivity to support government's Smart Nation initiative.
- The entry of new fixed and mobile operators will result in greater competition.
- The country saw the merger of the telco and media regulators and operators are already offering converged telco/media services.
"Singapore: Embracing Smart Nation, Telco/Media Convergence and Fixed/Mobile Competition" a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Singapore today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Singapore compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Singapore.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Singapore's telecommunication market.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Singapore telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Singapore mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Singapore telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Singapore.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
List of Tables
Singapore telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2016E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Singapore communications market revenue , 2014-2021, US$
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2016-2021, US$
Segment revenues 2014-2021
Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2016, 2021
Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2016, 2021
Service revenue by operator, 2016
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2014-2021
Key mobile market indicators, 2016
Mobile data revenue mix, 2016, 2021
Total ARPS; data percentage of total ARPS, 2014-2021
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2014-2021
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2014-2021
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2014-2021
Key fixed market indicators, 2016
Fixed voice revenue, 2014-2021
Internet revenue, 2014-2021
Fixed market shares by service, 2016
Fixed access lines by technology, 2016, 2021
Pay-Tv subscriptions by technology, 2014-2021
Opportunities in the Singapore telecommunications market
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.