Latest industry research report on: Skeletal Disease Drug Development Market | Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
This report provides an overview of the skeletal disease pipeline landscape. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for osteoporosis, post-menopausal osteoporosis and osteoarthritis (OA).
OA is one of the most common forms of arthritis. It is a chronic condition in which the cartilage breaks down. Symptoms of osteoarthritis include sore or stiff joints, pain that is worse after activity, bone spurs and grating sensation. Risk factors include older age, joint injuries and obesity. Treatment includes surgery, medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and exercise.
Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, makes bones weak and more likely to break. Risk factors for osteoporosis include aging, being female, low body weight, low sex hormones or menopause, smoking, and some medications. Postmenopausal osteoporosis is the most common subtype of osteoporosis, and affects many women after menopause. Signs and symptoms of osteoporosis include back pain, caused by a fractured or collapsed vertebra, loss of height over time, a stooped posture, a bone fracture that occurs much more easily than expected. Prevention and treatment include calcium and vitamin D, exercise, and other osteoporosis medications.
The size of these pipelines ranges from 13 products in postmenopausal osteoporosis to 116 in OA. The predominant targets within OA are prostaglandin G/H synthases 1 and 2, although a wide range of targets, including extracellular matrix-organizing proteins and interleukins, are being studied. Likewise, within both osteoporosis and the post-menopausal subtype, a broad range of molecular targets are being studied. The targets being most frequently studied are the parathyroid hormone receptor, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 11 and sclerostin.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for osteoporosis and OA therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of osteoporosis and OA therapeutics?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207