The global market for smart motors is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.19% between 2015 and 2020 from USD 989.0 million in 2014 to USD 1.38 billion by 2020. The market is expected to be driven by the growing focus on using less on-site and wiring space, and the necessity to reduce costs while increasing the overall effectiveness of the equipment.
Application in the industrial sector is expected to be the fastest-growing market
The industrial sector accounted for the largest application segment for smart motors in 2014 and is expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period. Smart motors prove to be beneficial over conventional motors as they provide energy efficiency, reduce the cabling required for installation, and allow flexible operations for the users. Considering such advantages, the rate of installations of smart motors in industrial and manufacturing plants would lead to a rapid market growth between 2015 and 2020, especially in the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
The Americas and Asia-Pacific are major markets The Americas accounted for the largest share of the global smart motors market in 2014 because of advanced infrastructure and various energy conservation measures adopted by the region. Asia-Pacific accounted for the second-largest market share in 2014 and is expected to surpass the American smart motors market by 2018. Consumer electronics, semiconductor, and manufacturing industries in China, India, and Japan prefer smart motors for low-power applications, over other conventional motors. With the increase in the demand for smart motors in these countries, Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing market for smart motors.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people in the smart motor industry. The break-up of primary participants for the report is shown below:
- By Company type - Tier 1- 55%, Tier 2 - 20%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation - C-level - 43%, Manager level - 32%, and others - 25%
- By Region - The Americas - 30%, Europe - 20%, Asia-Pacific - 40%, and RoW - 10%
The report profiles key players in the smart motors market with their respective market share analysis. The prominent players profiled in this report are Rockwell Automation, Inc. (U.S.), Moog, Inc. (U.S.
S.), Fuji Electric Co. Ltd. (Japan), ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), General Electric (U.S.), Siemens AG (Germany), Schneider Electric SE (France), Technosoft SA (Switzerland), RobotShop, Inc. (Quebec), and Robeteq, Inc. (U.S.).
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the smart motors market comprehensively and provides the closest market size projection for all sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
3. This report would help stakeholders better understand a competitor and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.