The global surface analysis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period to reach $3,989.7 million by 2020. Factors such as rising focus on nanotechnology research in various industries such as semiconductor, energy, healthcare, and metallurgy; favorable government research funding; technological advancements; and rising R&D expenditures of pharmaceutical and medical device companies are expected to fuel the growth of the surface analysis market during the forecast period. However, high-degree technical expertise is required for the operation of these instruments due to their high complexity, which is a major challenge for the growth of this market.
The global surface analysis market is segmented on the basis of instrumentation technology, industry, end user, and region. Based on instrumentation technology, the market is segmented into spectroscopy, microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and surface analyzers. The microscopy market covers optical microscopy, electron microscopy, scanning probe microscopy, and confocal microscopy. By industry, the market is categorized into semiconductor, energy, polymers, life sciences, metallurgy and minerals, and others including food and beverages, textile, and paper and packaging. By end users, the market is divided into academic institutes, industries, and research organizations. On the basis of regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (Latin America and Middle East and Africa).
North America accounted for a major share of the surface analysis market, accounting for about ~37.0% of the global market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The Asia-Pacific region possesses lucrative growth potential for this market mainly due to the favorable academic research funding and increasing R&D expenditures by pharmaceutical companies. Growth in these markets is likely to be centered at India, China, South Korea, and Japan.
The global surface analysis market is mainly dominated by few players, with the top five companies accounting for a share of ~50% of the global market. Some of the prominent players in this market include Danaher Corporation (U.S.
S.), Olympus Corporation (Japan), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), ULVAC-PHI, Inc. (Japan), Bruker Corporation (U.S.), HORIBA, Ltd. (Japan), Nikon Corporation (Japan), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Olympus Corporation (Japan) Carl Zeiss AG (Germany), FEI Company (U.S.), Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), and JEOL, Ltd. (Japan).
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help the firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing this report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the surface analysis market. The report analyzes the surface analysis market by instrumentation technology, industry, end user, and region (covering North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the surface analysis market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets for surface analysis by instrumentation technology, industry, and end user
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the surface analysis market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the surface analysis market
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.