Surface computers enable interaction with a display enabling natural user interface (NUI), thereby eliminating the use of any other secondary handheld devices such as mouse or keyboard. They are also termed as tabletop computers which are used in industries such as hospitality, retail, education, healthcare, entertainment, and defense among others. The surface computing technology provides many advantages such as easy to use, improved way of interaction, multi-tasking, and multiple user access on one display
A key driving factor for the growth of the surface computing market is the usage of a natural user interface (NUI) which enables a user friendly interaction by reducing complexity. The restraining factors for the growth of surface computing market include high cost of surface computers and the limited availability of features with regards to surface computing systems.
The surface computing market report analyzes the said market which has been segmented based on type, vision, application, and region. The surface computing market has been segmented on the basis of type into flat and curved. The market has been segmented based on vision into two dimensional and three dimensional. The applications of this technology include hospitality, retail, education, government, financial services, entertainment, automotive, and healthcare.
The report also segments the surface computing market on the basis of regions which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW). North America was the largest market for surface computing devices and accounted for a market share of ~40% in 2014. Europe accounted for a second largest market share of ~36% in 2014. It was followed by Asia-Pacific which accounted for the third largest market share of ~17% in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~42% between 2015 and 2020. The key players in the surface computing market includes Microsoft Corp. (U.S.), Apple, Inc. (U.S.), Planar Systems Inc. (U.S.), 3M Co.
Read full report: https://www.globalmarketreports.com/surface-computing-market-by-type-flat-and-curved-display-vision-two-and-three-dimensional-application-automotive-education-entertainment-financial-services-government-healthcare-hospitality-and-retail-and-by-region-global-forecast-to-2020-21849
), 3M Co. (U.S.), Vertigo Systems GmbH (Germany), Touchmagix Media Private Limited (India), Nvision solutions Inc. (U.S.), EyeFactive GmbH (Germany), SensyTouch , Inc. (U.S.), and Ideum Inc. (U.S.).
- The total market size in terms of value for the surface computing market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 36.57% between 2015 and 2020.
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, vision, application, and region along with their respective revenues.
- The Porter's Five Forces framework has been utilized along with the, value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the surface computing market.
- Major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the surface computing market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets based on major type, vision, application, and region has been conducted to provide an overall view of the surface computing market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and growth strategies adopted by the respective companies.
Global Market Reports is a distributor of market research spanning 160 industries. Our extensive database consists of over 100,000 quality publications sourced from 400 plus publishers, this puts our research specialists in the unique position of been able to offer truly unbiased advice on what research provides the most valuable insights.