Regulations and non-toxicity are the main factors contributing to the usage of bio-based surfactants in these regions. Due to the expensive raw materials, Bio-based surfactants are more costly compared to synthetic surfactants.
The anionic surfactants segment dominated the global market, in terms of volume around 7,500 KT in 2014, followed by the non-anionic surfactants, the volume of which was recorded at 6,400 KT. The amphoteric surfactants segment has a share around 7% of the global market in 2014 and is projected to have highest growth rate during the forecast period. Synthetic surfactants of substrate types hold the major share in the surfactants market, as of 2014. However, due to strict regulations, bio-based surfactants are expected to grow at a highest CAGR in the future. The soap/detergent application segment holds the largest market share globally, having accounted for around 50% of the global market, in terms of both volume and value.
The elastomers and plastics application segment is anticipated to have highest CAGR during the analysis period. Asia-Pacific is also expected to grow at the highest growth rate owing to the growth in segments such as personal care, oilfield chemical, pharmaceuticals, etc. The second largest consumer of surfactants is North America followed by Europe. The Middle East & Africa market is estimated to have significant growth during the forecast period.
The key players in the market include Air Products and Chemicals Inc, Dupont EI DE Nemours & Co., Clariant AG, BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGAA, Evonik Industries AG, Akzonobel N.V., KAO Corporation, and Huntsman Corporation.
Product types Covered:
o Secondary Alkane Sulfonate (SAS)
o Alpha Olefin Sulfonates (AOS)
o Methyl Ester Sulfonates (MES)
o Amine Oxides
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia
o Middle East
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 8 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
We offer wide spectrum of research and consulting services with in-depth knowledge of different industries. We are known for customized research services, consulting services and Full Time Equivalent (FTE) services in the research world. We explore the market trends and draw our insights with valid assessments and analytical views. We use advanced techniques and tools among the quantitative and qualitative methodologies to identify the market trends. Our research reports and publications are routed to help our clients to design their business models and enhance their business growth in the competitive market scenario. We have a strong team with hand-picked consultants including project managers, implementers, industry experts, researchers, research evaluators and analysts with years of experience in delivering the complex projects.