MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ Tanzania: The Launch of 4G and the Expansion of Fixed Networks to Push the Market”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
With an estimated telecom service revenue of $1.4bn in 2016, Tanzanias market will be slightly smaller than some of its peers in the region, including Kenya ($2.3bn), the DRC (1.9bn) and Sudan ($1.7bn).
However, we expect telecom service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2016-2021, to reach $1.9bn by year-end 2021. Operators are continuously investing in upgrading their network infrastructure, including the expansion of 4G services and rollout of fiber network across the country.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Tanzania is estimated to increase by 6.1% over 2016-2021, to reach $1.9bn in 2021.
- Mobile and fixed broadband will drive the growth in overall telecom service revenue over the 2016-2021 period, mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2016 to 2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 89.3% of total telecom revenue in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of continuing of this trend.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue to reach 95.6% in 2021.
- Vodacom will be the leading operator followed by Tigo and Airtel in 2016. Operators will continue to invest in fixed and mobile networks focusing on network expansion to roll out next-generation technologies to stay competitive.
Tanzania: The Launch of 4G and the Expansion of Fixed Networks to Push the Market, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tanzania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Tanzania compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Tanzania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Tanzanias telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tanzanias telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tanzanias mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tanzanias telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tanzania.
Table Of Content
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
List of Tables
Tanzania telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2016E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Tanzania communications market revenue , 2014-2021, US$
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2016-2021, US$
Segment revenues 2014-2021
Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2016, 2021
Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2016, 2021
Service revenue by operator, 2016
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2014-2021
Key mobile market indicators, 2016
Mobile data revenue mix, 2016, 2021
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 20142021
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2014-2021
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2014-2021
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2014-2021
Key fixed market indicators, 2016
Fixed voice revenue, 2014-2021
Internet revenue, 2014-2021
Fixed market shares by service, 2016
Fixed access lines by technology, 2016, 2021
Opportunities in the Tanzanian telecommunications market