Latest industry research report on: The UK Childrenswear Market : Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
The childrenswear market is the weakest out of all clothing sectors and is only expected to grow 10.4% in the next five years, the same rate of growth achieved between 2011 and 2016. The overall clothing sector is expected to struggle as the weakening pound puts added pressure on prices and margins, but childrenswear will be especially exposed to this as parents prioritise price and value more so than in other clothing sectors, limiting retailers ability to raise prices.
- Higher inflation is set to return to the childrenswear sector, putting retailers under pressure to absorb higher cost prices or take a hit on margins. The importance of quality remains crucial in the purchasing decision, so retailers must not compromise on design to offset costs.
- The demise of BHS has left its 108m childrenswear business up for grabs. Primark and the grocers will take the lions share, while New Look, H&M, Matalan and River Island will fight for former Tammy customers.
- With specific tween/teen ranges limited, there are opportunities to target this age group, particularly given the recent demise of BHS Tammy brand. Trend-led retailers should introduce specific targeted ranges for 10-15 year olds, ensuring ranges are relevant and age appropriate.
The UK Childrenswear Market 2016-21 is part of Verdict Retails sector analysis series, which provides expert insight into the childrenswear market, with forecasts up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analysing key trends in the market based on consumer data from Verdict Retails survey. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: key issues, strategies for success, market size and forecasts, retailer profiles and their market shares, consumer data and future outlook, and also provides a detailed analysis into what, how and where people are buying childrenswear.
- Identify which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by using our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
- Using our five year forecasts to 2021, understand which subcategories are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Understand major childrenswear retailers strengths and weaknesses in the market, their market share forecasts and who will benefit from the demise of BHS.
- Understand how online can be better utilised for childrenswear and how consumers fulfil online orders.
- Gain detailed knowledge of how consumers shop specifically for school uniform which includes: average spends for items, top 10 retailers for items and what the key drivers are behind consumers purchasing school uniform.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207