Latest industry research report on: UK Clothing Market | Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
"The UK Clothing Market 2017-2022" report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook.
The UK clothing market will grow by 7.3bn over the next five years. While growth is 3.9 percentage points stronger than that of 2012-17, the market will be driven by inflation, staying above the 2.0% mark until 2020 owing to the weak pound driving up import and manufacturing costs. Volumes will remain weak as shoppers cut back due to squeezed disposable incomes, prioritising essentials such as food & grocery or leisure activities.
- Young clothing shoppers have the higher purchase frequency, with 58.1% of 16-24s buying clothing at least once a month, boosted by fast fashion trends and shoppers desire for newness. In comparison, just 14.6% of 65+s buy clothing at least once a month.
- 27.4% of online clothing shoppers have used click & collect; however this is driven by females, with just under one fifth (19.7%) of males having used the delivery method, compared to almost one third of female online clothing shoppers.
- While M&S remains the market leader, it is forecast to cede further share this year and is expected to be the biggest loser in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Using our five year forecasts to 2022, understand which subsectors are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Understand clothing shoppers purchasing habits and preferences, and what influences their retailer selection in order to drive spend.
- Glean major clothing retailers strengths and weaknesses and their market share forecasts for 2017 and outlooks out to 2018.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207