Third-party logistics can not only help companies complete cargo movement but effectively reduce logistics costs and speed up cargo turnover, fully meeting their requirements on logistics quality. Therefore, third-party logistics develops rapidly. In 2015, global third-party logistics market size hit USD721 billion, a YoY rise of 4.5%, occupying 8.2% of the logistics market size, and increased around USD35.9 billion in 2016, up to USD756.9 billion. In the future, by virtue of high efficiency and highly standardized operation, the third-party logistics market size will grow steadily, expectedly outstripping USD900 billion in 2020, with a share of nearly 10.0% in the logistics market size.
China is the world largest third-party logistics market. In 2015, its market size attained RMB1,065.2 billion or roughly USD171.8 billion (up 13.6% year on year), a 23.8% share in global market, and reached around RMB1,200 billion in 2016. Chinese (Mainland China) third-party logistics industry is still in its infancy, and lags behind the developed countries/regions by share in the whole logistic market (developed regions generally above 10.5%, Mainland China around 8.0%), leaving a large development space. Moreover, China’s regional trade imbalance also creates certain opportunities for the rapid development of third-party logistics. It is predicted that third-party logistics market size in China will see a CAGR of around 15.0% in 2016-2020.
Additionally with not a high market share, Chinese third-party logistics industry also has problems of insufficient demand and low-level demand at present, respectively due to relatively little use of third-party logistics by most traditional companies, and basic and conventional demand of companies which choose third-party logistics and their small demand for high value-added, comprehensive logistics service.
Development trend: to improve profitability and maximize operational efficiency, third-party logistics is heading towards largescale, informatization, asset-light and platform. In addition, as E-commerce in China gradually spreads to regions outside the first tier cities, third-party logistics companies make layout in the second- and third-tier cities accordingly.
Seen from competitive landscape, third-party logistics market has a low concentration rate, and the players compete fiercely. In 2015, CR10 of global third-party logistics industry was less than 20.0%, of which DHL Supply Chain & Global Forwarding with the largest market size only saw 4.1%; Sinotrans, China’s largest third-party logistics company, ranking eighth in the world, only witnessed a market share of 1.0%.
The report focuses on the following aspects:
- Overview of third-party logistics, including definition, classification, industry characteristics, industry chain, etc.
- Overview of global and Chinese logistics industry, including development overview, operation mode, market status, industry characteristics, development trend, etc.
- Overview of global third-party logistics, including development situation, market size, market structure, competitive pattern, etc.
- Overview of Chinese third-party logistics, including development overview, development environment, market size, market structure, competitive pattern, problems, development trend, etc.
- Overview of third-party logistics market segments like automotive and pharmaceutical, including market size, status quo, etc.
- Development of infrastructure (highway, railway, water carriage, aviation), transportation equipment (truck, railway wagon, etc.) and other intelligent logistics equipment.
- Overview of 13 foreign, 9 Chinese third-party logistics companies, including operation, third-party logistics layout, etc.
Major Points from Table of Contents
1. Overview of Third-party Logistics
2. Logistics Industry
3. Global Third-party Logistics Industry
4. Chinese Third-party Logistics Industry
5. Third-party Logistics Market Segments
6. Supporting Industries of Third-party Logistics
7. Foreign Third-party Logistics Companies
8. Chinese Third-party Logistics Companies
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 100,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Contact us for your special interest needs and we will get in touch within 24hrs to help you find the market research report you need.
+ 1 888 391 5441