In the past hours, DNS got attacked and DDOSed so that a number of websites went down, including Runescape. Changing your DNS to Google's Public DNS can get you back online. Here is a guide to switch DNS and solve DDOS Attack on Windows. If you use Mac OS, you can follow the specific guide to change DNS Mac OS.
Best time to buy cheap rs 2007 gold or rs 3 gold with paypal no confirmation (No Phone/No Email/No Personal Info aksed) from Gold4fans.com now!
Before you start:
Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is very important that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.
Google's Public DNS IP Address
The Google's Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844.
You can use either address as your primary or secondary DNS server. You can specify both addresses, but do not specify the same address as both primary and secondary.
Change your DNS servers settings
Windows: take Window 7 DNS setting for example.
1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection > Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
5. Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
6. Click OK.
7. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and/or 22.214.171.124.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
For IPv6-only: you can use Google Public DNS64 instead of the IPv6 addresses in the previous point.
9. Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
10. Test that your setup is working correctly; see Test your new settings below.
11. Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
Currently, the disconnection of Runescape has been resolved. But you had better retain this guide for a rainy day! Now buy cheap RS gold to continue your adventure!