The EDM 950 is amongst the best data acquisition and display system for piston engine aircraft. The EDM 950 comes with a 3-year warranty and, has a TSO quality certification that assures you that you are buying a quality product that meets or exceeds regulations and standards.
As good as having a flight engineer, the EDM 950 provides 30 hours’ worth of backup of all engine data so you’re your maintenance team can download the data and analyse it for Aircraft Gauges health.
From the moment the plane takes off, the EDM 950 works constantly and diligently to monitor the aircraft engine so the pilot can concentrate on just flying the plane. The EDM 950 monitors the aircraft engine parameters roughly 180 times a minute and will warn the pilot the moment any parameter exceeds the pre-programmed limit. The pilot of course can programme the alarm parameters.
Top 10 Features of EDM 950:
1. Hands-free, automatic scanning – EDM 950 will automatically cycle through critical engine and display relevant information. No need to press buttons.
2. Programmable alarm limits – set your alarm limits and receive audio-visual alarm in event of a breach.
3. EDM 950 is paired with latest fast response probes – this provides for faster, and more accurate aircraft engine data.
4. Thirty-hour data accumulation that can be downloaded via cable.
5. Patented LeanFind™ finds the first and last cylinder to peak with true peak detect eliminates false peaks.
6. Super easy and institutive front-panel programming via buttons on faceplate.
7. One of the few EDM to provide Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGTs) to stable 1°F resolution.
8. EDM 950 monitors shock cooling on every cylinder.
9. Pilot selectable index rate.
10. Battery voltage with alarm – many systems will malfunction if aircraft battery fails. Identifying the source of the problem not only saves time but saves the pilot from making errors that might prove to be expensive.
Additional features of EDM 950
11. Displays below peak and peak leaned temperatures.
12. Battery amps load or charge/discharge display.
13. Customized screen display.
14. DIF low to high EGT with alarm.
15. Easy post-flight data retrieval.
16. Download to Palm™ Computer.
17. Data retrieval software.
18. Oil pressure.
19. Oil and OAT temperature.
20. Fuel level with GPS interface.
21. Solid-state rotor fuel flow transducer.
22. Pilot selectable fuel quantity measure.
23. Low fuel quantity alarm.
24. Total amount of fuel consumed, fuel remaining, and time-to-empty at the current fuel flow rate.
25. Automatically calculates percent horsepower.
26. Stores history of extreme values during previous flight.
27. Includes Hobbs® timer.
For more information, please visit the JPI website page here: https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/edm-950-2/
J.P.Instruments was founded in 1986 in Huntington Beach, California, USA. J.P. Instruments is leader in aircraft engine data management systems and has added a whole line of reliable and cost effective aircraft instrumentation to its name.