With the increase in the aging population, the domestic spending is expected to grow as compared to the outbound spending. The total number of inbound trips plunged in 2014 as the arrivals from Russia, its largest source market, fell due to the sanctions and the depreciation of the ruble against the US dollar. Outbound trips grew at a CAGR of 8.68% during the historic period and most of the trips are to the neighbouring countries including Estonia and Sweden.
- Finlands Travel And Tourism Sector depicted growth during the historic period (2009-2014), supported by a rise in international arrivals. However, in 2014, the number of arrivals from Russia declined as compared to the previous year due to the western sanctions imposed on it. The total number of tourist arrivals in Finland is expected to reach 4.8 million by 2019. Moreover, domestic tourist volumes fell at a CAGR of -1.44%, while domestic tourist expenditure increased at a CAGR of 2.54%. The ongoing crisis in the Finnish economy was one of the major factors adversely affecting the domestic and outbound trips in the recent years. The number of departures reached 8.8 million by 2014. It expects the volume of outbound tourists from Finland to rise at a forecast period CAGR of 3.61%, to reach 10.6 million by 2019.
- In 2015, ITB Asia, the Trade Show for the Asian Travel Market, named Finland to be its partner country for the 2016 show. ITB Asia is considered to be one of the best meeting hubs for travel industry leaders which acts as a platform for building contacts and conducting businesses. With this partnership, VisitFinland (Finnish Tourism Board) aims to launch a new Stopover Finland programme, in collaboration with Finnair. The motive behind this programme is to showcase Finland as a stopover destination for passengers travelling via Helsinki airport by building attractive packages from hours to several days. Several packages and services such as accommodation will be provided to these passengers. This initiative will be first launched for tourists from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea during ITB Asia in 2016.
- In 2014, a rise in the number of passengers travelling through sea on the Helsinki (Finland) - Tallinn (Estonia) route was recorded. Considering the fact that Estonia is one of the prime destination markets, Viking Line, a Finnish shipping company provided its services again during the summer season in 2015.
Report - Travel and Tourism in Finland to 2019 - provides detailed information on the countrys tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Finland Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travelers
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Finlands Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table of Contents
Travel and Tourism Sector in Context
Market summary and key developments in Finland domestic tourism market
Historical and projected figures for domestic trips and domestic expenditure in Finland
Domestic trips-trips by purpose of visit and by season, average length of trip and overnight stays
Market summary and key developments in Finland inbound tourism market
Historical and projected figures for inbound trips and inbound expenditure in Finland
Tourist arrivals from top 10 countries to Finland
Inbound trips-trips by purpose of visit and mode of transport
Inbound trips-average length of trip and overnight stays
For More Related Market Research Reports click here:
About JSB Market Research -
JSB Market Research is one of the most significant databases of online market researches and intelligence reports and services. We specialize in providing market research reports for various industries. The online portal for marketing research deals with access to global market data and assists in providing expert insights and exposure on global companies, industries, products and trends.