Strong growth was achieved in Greeces inbound tourism in 2014 and 2015 with an increase of 24.4% and 7.4% respectively, as the Euro depreciated against the currencies of key source markets such as the UK and US. Moreover, expenditure also showed strong growth of 8.2% in 2015. Trips totaled 5.8 million while expenditure was valued at 8.3 billion (US$9.2 billion) in 2015. Due to the shrinking economy, outbound trips growth slowed to 2.8% in 2015, with 776,470 trips.
- Realizing the importance of Chinese tourists, Greece is aiming to establish direct air connections with China to increase arrivals from the country. This is part of the target of bringing one million tourists from China by 2021. Currently, tourists from China coming to visit Greece have to transit at hubs located in Russia, Western Europe, or the Middle East.
- Inbound tourism in Greece registered high growth in 2015 due to the geopolitical instability in the region. Moreover, there were security threats in other tourist destinations such as Tunisia, Egypt, and Turkey
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Greeces Travel &Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Greece for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type leisure and business travelers
Download Sample Copy of Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/865245
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Greeces Travel & Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries