Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide, after skin cancer. It accounts for 15% of all the cancers diagnosed in men, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. While patients diagnosed with early-stage, localized prostate cancer can be cured, patients who are diagnosed with or progress to castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) have no curative options. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, pipeline assessment and market outlook for prostate cancer. Since 2010, five new drugs have been approved for the treatment of CRPC: Dendreons Provenge, Sanofis Jevtana, Johnson & Johnsons Zytiga, Medivation/Astellas Xtandi, and Bayers Xofigo. During the forecast period from 2013-2023, GlobalData expects that nine new late-stage pipeline agents will launch, eight of which will be for the treatment of CRPC. As a result of this unprecedented level of clinical development, GlobalData predicts there will be massive changes in the CRPC treatment paradigm. In addition, due to the influx of new therapies, the size of the prostate cancer market across the nine major pharmaceutical markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and Canada) will increase three-fold.
The US is the largest prostate cancer market among the countries covered in this report, and will remain so through the forecast period. The US dominance of the prostate cancer market is due to the high incidence of the disease, the high drug treatment rate, and higher drug prices compared with all the other markets. Additional factors that will drive growth of the US prostate cancer market include the increasing incidence of prostate cancer as the population ages, increased sales resulting from the launch of eight new premium-priced pipeline products during the forecast period, and the label extension of Xtandi into the nmCRPC and hormone-sensitive prostate cancer patient populations.
- Overview of Prostate Cancer including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Prostate Cancer market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate Cancer.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the US.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 11
2.1 Catalyst 11
2.2 Related Reports 11
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 12
3 Disease Overview 13
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 13
3.1.1 Etiology 13
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 13
3.2 Staging 14
3.3 Symptoms 18
3.4 Prognosis 18
3.5 Quality of Life 19
4 Disease Management 20
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 20
4.1.1 Screening and Diagnosis 20
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and the Leading Prescribed Drugs 22
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 24
4.2 US 34
5 Competitive Assessment 35
5.1 Overview 35
5.2 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Targeted Therapies 36
5.2.1 Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) 36
5.2.2 Xtandi (enzalutamide) 42
5.2.3 Xofigo (radium 223 dichloride) 47
5.3 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Chemotherapies 53
5.3.1 Jevtana (cabazitaxel) 53
5.4 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Therapeutic Vaccines 57
5.4.1 Provenge (sipuleucel-T) 57
5.5 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Hormone Therapies 61
5.5.1 Zoladex (goserelin acetate) 61
5.5.2 Lupron Depot (leuprolide acetate) 64
5.5.3 Eligard (leuprolide acetate) 67
5.5.4 Trelstar (triptorelin acetate) 69
5.5.5 Firmagon (degarelix) 71
5.5.6 Casodex (bicalutamide) 74
5.6 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Bone Therapies 77
5.6.1 Zometa (zoledronic acid) 77
5.6.2 Xgeva (denosumab) 79
6 Unmet Need and Opportunity 83
6.1 Overview 83
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.