The report "UV Stabilizers Market by Type (HALS, UV Absorbers, and Quenchers), Application (Automotive, Packaging, Agriculture, Building & Construction, Adhesives & Sealants), Region (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and RoW) - Global Forecast to 2021", The global UV stabilizers market is projected to reach USD 1.51 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2016 to 2021.
Objectives of the Study
- To define and segment the global market for UV stabilizers on the basis of type, application, and region
- To estimate and forecast the global market for UV stabilizers in terms of value & volume
- To analyze significant region-specific trends of the market in Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and RoW
- To estimate and forecast the global market for UV stabilizers based on type and application at country-level in each of region
- To identify and analyze key drivers, restraints, and opportunities, and challenges influencing the UV stabilizers market
- To analyze recent market developments and competitive strategies such as new product development, expansions, acquisitions, and joint ventures to draw a competitive landscape in the global market for UV stabilizers
- To strategically identify and profile key market players and analyze their core competencies in each type of the global UV stabilizers market
Top Industry Players analyzed in this research are Oakwood Products, Inc. (U.S.), Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Ineos (Switzerland), which are the major producers of raw materials. Furthermore, products manufactured by these companies are used by UV stabilizers manufacturers. BASF SE (Germany), Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Solvay SA (Belgium), Addivant (U.S.), and Clariant AG (Switzerland)
UV stabilizers find application in packaging and automotive industries, and are used with HALS and UV absorbers. The increasing demand for UV stabilizers from these industries has promoted the usage of UV stabilizers. The rise in demand for greenhouse films is expected to drive the UV stabilizers market during the forecast period.
Based on type, the HALS segment is expected to lead the UV stabilizers market during the forecast period
Based on type, the HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers) segment is expected to lead the UV stabilizers market during the forecast period, owing to their ability to protect polymers from degradation from UV light exposure while providing durability and long shelf life. HALS are used in thin and thick cross-section applications such as extrusion, blow molding, fibers, films, tapes, and injection molding, among others. The increasing demand for non-degradable, durable, and high-performance products in automotive, packaging, and furniture & construction industries has fueled the growth of the global UV stabilizers market for HALS.
The packaging application segment is expected to lead the UV stabilizers market during the forecast period
The packaging is the largest application segment of the UV stabilizers market, owing to the increasing demand for packaging from food and non-food industries in Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe regions. The ability to maintain the properties and quality of packaging materials even when exposed to UV radiations, weathering resistivity, and long-term durability is the major factor driving the UV stabilizers market in packaging.
Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the UV stabilizers market during the forecast period
The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to lead the UV stabilizers market. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the presence of a large number of UV stabilizers manufacturers, rising foreign investments, and growing demand for HALS and UV absorbers from plastics, polymers, and automotive industries in the region. China is leading the Asia-Pacific UV stabilizers market due to the growth in the use of UV stabilizers in packaging and automotive industries, among others, and numerous developmental strategies adopted by the manufacturers.
MarketsandMarkets is the largest market research firm worldwide in terms of annually published premium market research reports. Serving 1700 global fortune enterprises with more than 1200 premium studies in a year, M&M is catering to a multitude of clients across 8 different industrial verticals. We specialize in consulting assignments and business research across high growth markets, cutting edge technologies and newer applications.
Markets and Markets
Magarpatta city, Hadapsar
Pune, Maharashtra 411013, India