MarketResearchReports.Biz announces addition of new report "Wealth in India: HNW Investors 2017" to its database.
"Wealth in India: HNW Investors 2017", analyzes the Indian investment market, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
The Indian wealth management market is characterized by family business owners and inheritors. A lack of expertise and access to sophisticated investment products are driving uptake of financial advice. However, execution-only services are the most popular. As many Indian wealthy individuals made their wealth through the IT sector, it is unsurprising that demand for automated services is forecast to rise. Wealth managers should develop digital propositions to attract this tech-savvy client segment and meet their high expectations in terms of financial advice. Equities are the preferred asset class, and as economic growth will be strong, demand for this product will continue to rise. The provision of financial planning services is also mandatory.
Specifically the report -
- Sizes the affluent market (both by number of individuals and their demographics) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Indian investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Family business ownership and inheritance are the most important sources of wealth, reflecting the importance family holds in India.
- Execution-only mandates are the preferred means for investing among Indias HNW individuals, followed by advisory mandates, which are forecast to experience the greatest increase in demand.
- Equities, property, and bonds have come to dominate HNW portfolios. Allocations in these asset classes are forecast to grow in the next 12 months.
- Pension planning will be the priority for HNW investors, along with financial and tax planning.
Reasons to buy
- Benchmark your share of the Indian wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2020.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in India.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the Indian tax system will impact HNW clients.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3
1.1. Rising levels of affluence have seen Indian HNW investors diversify 3
1.2. Key findings 3
1.3. Critical success factors 3
2. PROFILING THE INDIAN HNW INVESTOR 9
2.1. Financial services and IT are the primary sources of HNW wealth 9
2.1.1. The bulk of Indian HNW individuals are males above 50 years of age 9
2.1.2. Family business ownership is the leading source of Indian HNW wealth 10
2.1.3. Many HNW investors have built their fortunes through the financial services sector 13
2.1.4. The majority of HNW investors in India hold executive positions 15
2.2. Expats in India account for a lower proportion than the regional average 16
2.2.1. Few HNW individuals in the Indian market are drawn from abroad 16
2.2.2. Investor and entrepreneur visas require relatively low capital 17
2.2.3. Most HNW expats residing in India originate from the US 17
3. INDIAN HNW INVESTMENT STYLE PREFERENCES 19
3.1. A lack of expertise drives demand for professional advice 19
3.1.1. HNW investors favor execution-only mandates 19
3.1.2. HNW Indians expect their wealth managers to be highly experienced 20
3.1.3. Indias HNW investors place more than half of their managed wealth with their main wealth manager 22
3.2. The expectation of better returns drives demand for advisory asset management 23
3.2.1. Demand for advisory mandates is strong 23
3.3. The appetite for advice is still on the rise 24
3.3.1. The demand for advisory mandates will strongly increase 24
3.3.2. High expectations are driving demand for advisory mandates 25
3.3.3. A large share of Indian HNW wealth will remain in execution-only platforms 27
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207