Looking for some nice arts and crafts in Stockholm? Then the so called Hornsgatspuckeln, The Hornsgatan Hump, is the place to go. With atleast ten influential gallerys, nice restaurants and shops, within an area about a block size on the Slussen side of Hornsgatan street everything is within reach. Here are some of our favorites:
Arts and crafts galleries at Puckeln
- Konsthantverkarnas förening - handicraft cooperative with a contemporary look. Södermalmstorg.
- Blås & Knåda - recognised center of pottery and glass. Hornsgatan 26A.
- The Glassery – Gallery devoted to glass. Swedish as well as international. Hornsgatan 38A.
- Efva Attling + Attling Man - Singer, Model and Jewellerer. This multi-talanted woman has conquered the world with her contemporary silver look. Hornsgatan 42-44.
- Grafiska Sällskapet - The Swedish Printmakers Association. Hornsgatan 6.
Where to eat
- Blå Dörren - traditional swedish inn-style. Södermalmstorg
- Hotel Rival - best brunch in the city according to many, plus a popular bar and venue. Mariatorget square.
- Gondolen - Take the elevator to this top-floor restaurant and enjoy the view. Their coctail bar is also great. Södermalmstorg
- Marie Laveau – Restaurant, bar and popular club. Hornsgatan 66.
- Puck. Café that really embraces the character of the area. Hornsgatan 32.