Xstream, the premium provider of OTT and TV Everywhere services, today announced that they are launching version 8 of their award winning video management system, Xstream MediaMaker™, at IBC in Amsterdam. The new version is designed to automate complex processes end-to-end, accelerate time to market, simplify supply chain management and optimize merchandising and monetization - offering customers the opportunity to expand, scale and grow their Internet TV offerings with a personalized and relevant viewing experience across any device in multiple countries and regions, all managed from one easy to use platform.
Available both as a cloud service and as on-premise operation, the new version comes with a wealth of new features and out-of-box functionalities and is designed to empower operators, content owners and broadcasters to securely monetize their content, offer end-users a personalized and powerful viewing experience of live and on-demand content, to make content operations simpler and fully automated, resulting in reduced cost and churn, quality issues and time delays.
“We are extremely excited to present and launch our latest version of our video management system, Xstream MediaMaker 8 at IBC 2015” said Simon Høgsbro, CEO at Xstream. Xstream MediaMaker™ 8 combines our 16 years of experience, our proven technology, with a range of breakthrough innovations and enables operators, studios and broadcasters to quickly create and launch next-generation Internet TV service without building a multi-vendor solution or using expensive hardware. As an end-to-end integrated solution, Xstream MediaMaker™ 8 saves customers from high upfront investments in online video infrastructure and helps increase the return on investment, reduce supply chain complexity and drive down total cost of ownership“
Amongst the new features, tools and services included in the extensible version 8 of Xstream MediaMaker™ is
- An operational dashboard with advanced aggregation and fulfillment tracking enabling fast time-to-market with minimum manual work. Detailed pre ingest overview and description of any issues to resolve, as e.g. missing or wrong format meta data or missing an episode of a series season.
- Workflow manager enables simple configuration of relevant services in minutes. Services include e.g. multi DRM packaging, transmuxing, image and subtitle processing, multiple CDN upload and archiving.
- Next generation monetization functionality – with sophisticated merchandising and voucher technology, that supports multiple countries, currencies, languages and customer groups managed efficiently in one place. With flexible product pricing and lifecycle availability any content or bundle can be offered to the market locally and/or globally. Advanced vouchers and coupons functionality further enables efficient monetization.
- Credit card payments are out-of-box supported with Paymentwall Brick, and a range of additional payment methods can be setup.
- Multi-tenancy capabilities enabling operators to deploy Internet TV services for multiple countries or brands that can be flexibly differentiated locally.
- Improved Live features with pre-integrated core technology from Elemental ensuring easier monetization and delivery of Live TV & live events.
- Advanced Household management with multiple profiles for users as well as parental rating that can be used to restrict access to any content.
- Best-in-breed Device management handling e.g. concurrency control and geolocation restrictions. Extensive statistics and reporting capabilities offers valuable insights to digest and further optimize the business performance.
- Elaborate editorial management of e.g. carousel banners, sections highlighted, content categories, ordering, associated web pages and relevant recommendations.
- Rich and proven front end APIs are available to flexibly deliver truly unique and compelling experiences to all targeted users and devices anytime, anywhere.
- Enriched modular architecture with enhanced API infrastructure for powerful third party integrations or integrations with existing infrastructure.
- Rich end-user experience with e.g. cross platform playback and resume, personal watch list and favorites, household management with parental rating, efficient search and discovery with recommendations.
“Xstream MediaMaker™ 8 is truly one of a kind.” said Mike McMahon, CTO at Xstream. “Extensive flexible product capabilities and pre-integration with preferred solution partners offers rich out-of-box capabilities and fast time-to-market. One of the integrated modules within Xstream MediaMaker™, MediaMaker Loading Dock is second to none, a patent pending solution that offers a unique and innovative supply chain automation. We will continuously be enhancing the platform with regular significant product updates executing a strong and focused product roadmap developed in partnership with customers, partners, consumers and industry trends”.
Visit Xstream at IBC & get a live demo
Xstream welcomes visitors at IBC to drop by their stand #14.F15 to get a comprehensive demo of the end-to-end platform, Xstream MediaMaker™ 8, and experience first hand how Xstream’s OTT platform will transform how Internet TV solutions are created, managed, deployed and monetized.
More about Xstream MediaMaker 8
Xstream MediaMaker™ 8 consists of three core product pillars that work tightly together, and can be flexibly integrated with 3rd party solutions.
MediaMaker Loading Dock
MediaMaker Loading Dock is a cutting-edge content supply chain management tool designed to solve many complex and fragmented content supply chains, handling changing requirements and high volumes of content efficiently. Enhanced features in the module in version 8 includes:
Transparency: An operational dashboard with advanced aggregation and fulfillment tracking enables fast time-to-market with minimum manual work. Specific workflows as e.g. screening and rating can be facilitated. Any issues with e.g. video content or meta data are clearly identified for resolution.
As the relevant source content becomes available, MediaMaker Loading Dock can efficiently manage the transformation via the flexible and fully scalable ingest service. The easy to use workflow manager enables simple configuration of relevant services in minutes. Services include e.g. multi DRM packaging, transmuxing, image and subtitle processing, CDN upload and archiving. The ingest monitor offers a live dynamic overview of the ingest process clearly identifying progress and identifying any issues requiring attention.
In addition to VOD content as e.g. movies, series, trailers and advertisements, Loading Dock enables setup and capture of linear TV and relevant EPG data. Loading Dock is out-of-box pre-integrated with solution partners as e.g. Elemental, Gracenote, Technicolor, Aspera, Microsoft PlayReady and Google Widevine.
Loading Dock is out-of-box pre integrated with MediaMaker Store and Play, and is designed to support other and multiple front end CMS systems, e.g. to efficiently bridge the gap between legacy IPTV and new OTT solutions.
Maximize the value of your content with MediaMaker Store, that supports multiple countries, currencies, languages and customer groups managed efficiently in one place. With flexible product pricing and lifecycle availability any content or bundle can be offered to the market. MediaMaker Store supports monetization models as e.g. Pay-TV, SVOD, TVOD, FVOD or any combination hereof.
Accounts and subscriber management can be managed by MediaMaker Store or integrated with backend systems. Household management is fully supported with multiple profiles for users as well as parental rating that can be used to restrict access to any content.
User registration and communication is easily managed with Mandrill pre integration.
Credit card payments are out-of-box supported with Paymentwall Brick, and a range of additional payment methods can be setup. Advanced vouchers and coupons functionality further enables efficient monetization, and are easily setup with a comprehensive easy to use step-by-step wizard.
Rights are securely handled by MediaMaker Store with device management handling e.g. concurrency control and geolocation restrictions. Extensive statistics and reporting capabilities offers valuable insights to digest and further optimize the business performance.
The catalogue offered to users across devices is easily managed. MediaMaker Store enables extensive editorial management of e.g. carousel banners, sections highlighted, content categories, associated web pages and relevant recommendations.
Inspire your viewers and subscribers with amazing personalized experiences on all devices. Rich front end APIs are available to flexibly deliver truly unique and compelling experiences to all of your users and targeted devices.
MediaMaker Play offers reference template apps for the most popular platforms as desktop, iPad and Android tablets with screen-casting to Chromecast and AirPlay. More device platforms as well as extensive branding and customization can be offered on top of the standard design and experience. Alternatively customers can deliver compelling front-end solutions via 3rd parties or own development leveraging the rich front end APIs.
Standing out is key in today’s market place. Rich user experience can be delivered with e.g. cross platform playback and resume, personal watch list and favorites, household management with parental rating as well as efficient search and discovery with recommendations.
About Xstream A/S
Xstream has been a pioneer in OTT and TV Everywhere since 1999. Drawing on our extensive experience, we work with world-leading Telcos, cable operators, broadcasters and media companies. Believing that every company is unique and should be treated so, we deliver simpler, smarter solutions characterized by superior flexibility, usability and cost-efficiency.
We offer Xstream MediaMaker™, the industry's most comprehensive and scalable end-to-end online video management solution, and a suite of outstanding individual services, including: Apps for Connected devices, Ingest, DRM, Transcoding and Agile Consultants. The modular architecture of Xstream MediaMaker™ enables highly flexible and customized solutions that meet the demands of the worlds’ most superior and extensive TV Everywhere and OTT video deployments.
Xstream is trusted as the preferred solution partner for companies like Telenor, Canal Digital, Altibox, SBS Belgium, SBS Discovery, Spark New Zealand/ Lightbox, Fuhu/ nabi tablets and many more.
Visit Xstream at www.xstream.net for more information