Leaders in South African healthcare to discuss issues and developments around TB
Worldwide tuberculosis (TB) is second only to HIV/AIDS as the biggest cause of mortality due to a single infectious agent. The Discovery Foundation invites you to a panel discussion as part of the Discovery Foundation Alumni Conference, which will precede this year’s awards ceremony.
The panel, including experts from both the private and public health sectors, will highlight the impact of critical issues around TB affecting South Africans and our healthcare system. The great need for action has also seen South Africa’s researchers and scientists produce world-leading diagnostic methods and therapies.
Please join us for this panel discussion on the issues and developments to improve the quality of care, here and across the continent.
The panel include the following experts from both the private and public health sector:
- Professor Linda-Gail Bekker – Deputy Director: IIDMM/The Desmond Tutu HIV Centre
- Professor Mike Sathekge – Chairman: SA Medical Research Council and University of Pretoria
- Dr Maurice Goodman – Chief Medical Officer: Discovery and Trustee of the Discovery Foundation
- Dr Sanni Babatunde – Head of TB Programme: World Health Organisation
- Dr Norbert Ndjeka – Director: TB, Drug-Resistant TB and HIV at National Department of Health
Discovery Foundation Panel Discussion Details:
Date: Thursday, 20 August 2015
Time: 08:00 for 09h00
Venue: The Wanderers Club
RSVP: Nozuko Basson on firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to welcome you as we create awareness around the unique health challenges and advances made to empower South African health professionals in leading research to combat TB infections and improve quality of care.