South Africa literary has thousands of trucking companies and operators.
So, how do you distinguish the net worth and importance of sole operators to owners of multinational transportation fleets and of the industry as a whole? After all, they all provide various levels of valuable services to a critical industry that seems to lack co-ordination.
From a macro-economic and socio-political aspect, trucking influences many parts of the South African economy; from being the link between cities for food and farm products to delivering petroleum and other vital and essential strategic services to many environmental aspects of SA commerce.
Yet the industry has gone through major changes in the past 12 months, being influenced by crippling and still growing competition, rising interest rates, higher diesel and petrol prices and a volatile global market; not forgetting the latest Brexit fiasco. This is in addition to a poorly performing local currency, adding margin pressures to an industry already under strain from falling demand for commodities.
For trucking involved in commodities, last year’s dramatic fall in the oil price sent coal, iron ore and other commodities in a downward spin, leaving many trucking operators wondering if they could bear any more economic and financial pressures, resulting in numerous contracts being cancelled on the back of such economic woes.
The latest report by international research house BUSINESS CONSULTANTS INTERNATIONAL places this industry in context and forecasts the radically changing business environment to the year 2020.
FORECAST FOR 2016 – 2020
- Industry mergers and acquisitions expected to take place.
- Consolidation across all sectors of trucking.
- Subcontracting a growing trend.
- Improved technology to be used to monitor market efficiency.
- PRACTICALLY NO PART OF TRUCKING WILL BE LEFT UNTOUCHED BY ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCING VARIABLES OF POLITICS, BUSINESS, ECONOMICS AND TECHNOLOGY.
- NOTE FROM BUSINESS CONSULTANTS INTERNATIONAL (BCI)
- MARKET DEFINITION
- TRUCKING SCENARIO: HISTORIC PERSPECTIVE
- South Africa’s Transportation Picture
- Road Infrastructure
- Rural roads
- Freight Transportation
- SOUTH AFRICAN TRUCKS: COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Market Segmentation
- Competitor Profiles
- LATEST TRENDS: VEHICLE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
- Market Forecasts
- South Africa Trucks Market Value Forecast (USD)]
- South Africa Trucks Market Volume Forecast, Vehicles (%)
- SCENARIOS FOR THE FUTURE
- Global Markets
- SA Vs Global Markets
Ends: For further information, please contact Jacques Magliolo on 0722102139 or firstname.lastname@example.org