Sony World Photography Awards, created by the World Photography Organisation, is the world’s largest photography competition. The Awards will give you the chance to have your work recognised globally and has the power to change careers of those who win and are shortlisted.
With the deadline for registration for the World Photography Awards 2021 approaching, we have gathered the most important information for you right here.
The deadlines for each competition are:
- November 30, 2020 at 13:00: Student competition - Providing a platform for photography students worldwide
- January 7, 2021 at 13:00: Open competition – Rewarding the best single images across 10 categories
- December 31, 2020: Youth competition – The best single image responding to a set brief by any photographer aged 12-19
- January 7, 2021 at 13.00: National Awards – Uncovering the best single image from over 60 countries entered into the Open competition
- January 14, 2021 at 13:00: Professional competition – 10 categories judged upon a body of work
All entries to the Sony World Photography Awards are free at www.worldphoto.org and all categories are designed to be open to all photographic genres and abilities. Please read more about each category below:
- Student competition: The Student competition rewards and showcases the work of the world’s most talented photography students. Open to academic institutions worldwide, students are challenged to submit a series of five to ten images responding to a particular brief. Student Photographer of the Year wins €30,000 of Sony digital imaging equipment for their institution.
- Open competition: The Open competition celebrates outstanding standalone images from across the world. The competition is free to enter and open to anyone submitting single images taken in 2020. One overall winner selected as Open Photographer of the Year and recipient of the $5,000 (USD) prize.
- Youth competition: The Youth competition aims to give more opportunities to young photographers. Judges are looking for fresh approaches to photography and images showing the vision of the young photographer. The competition is free to enter and open to all 12-19-year-olds, asked to submit single images taken in 2020. Monthly competitions with a changing theme running from July 1 to December 31, 2020. Youth Photographer of the Year receives a range of Sony digital imaging equipment
- National Awards: Unique in its scale and influence, the National & Regional Awards programme celebrates and rewards local photographic talent across the world. Expert judges uncover the best single images from each of the countries entered into the National & Regional Awards. Winners are given Sony digital imaging equipment as well as global and local exposure.
- Professional competition: The Professional competition rewards and showcases the world’s most outstanding bodies of work. The competition is free to enter and open to anyone submitting a series of five to ten images per category. One overall winner selected as the Photographer of the Year and recipient of the $25,000 (USD) prize.
Om Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation er et kreativt underholdningsselskap med et solid teknologisk fundament. Med alt fra tjenester som spill og nettverk til musikk, film, elektronikk, bildesensorer og finans er Sonys formål å fylle verdenssamfunnet med følelser gjennom kreativitet og teknologi. For mer informasjon, besøk http://www.sony.net/.