Storebrand among the 100 most gender equal companies globally
Storebrand is among the world's 100 most gender equal company, according to a global ranking by Equileap.
The nonprofit organization Equileap has today announced the its 2019 Gender Equality Global Report & Ranking listing the 100 most gender equal companies in the world .
Equileap has researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria. The companies represent all those, which are publicly listed and have a market capitalization of more than USD 2 billion.
Financial companies are well represented on the list, with DNB and Gjensidige as other representatives from Norway. Storebrand is proud to be among top 20 companies in the financial industry, and among top 50 overall. It motives the company in the ongoing work to further advance gender equality in the workplace.
-Equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace are core values for Storebrand. I am therefore very glad that we are included in this ranking of the 100 most gender equal companies globally, but we still have a lot of work to do to improve our workplace, says Storebrand People's Executive Vice President, Tove Selnes adding;
- Investing in gender equality is both the right thing to do and it is profitable.
Storebrand is working on a number of measures to improve gender equality:
- Recruitment to attract the best female candidates.
- Making sure both women and men can take on demanding jobs and deliver on the tasks, while also managing a family life with young children and all that it entails.
- Focus on young, female talents, including through collaboration with Young Entrepreneurship.
- Use our ownership as an investor to select the companies that score best on gender equality.
- Changed our purchasing policy so that diversity and gender balance are a criterion.
Equileap is the leading organization providing data and insights on gender equality in the corporate sector.
Storebrand's ambition is to be the best provider of saving for pensions. Storebrand will deliver sustainable solutions adapted to the customer's individual situation, so that each person receives a better pension in a more sustainable world. Storebrand has about 40.000 corporate customers and 2 million individual customers, and has its headquarter at Lysaker outside of Oslo, Norway. Storebrand manages more than NOK 750bn and is Norway's largest private asset manager. We work hard to fulfil our vision: Recommended by our customers. Storebrand (STB) is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange.
Visit us at www.storebrand.no and follow us on twitter: @Storebrand_no